3DS Nightly Discussion Thread

It depends on your core. If it’s FBA, the one it expects can be hard to find. Google ‘fba roms’ and the first result should have a working set.

[QUOTE=mudzap;29474]Picodrive works perfectly now (18/10/2015 build) on the O3DS All mega drive, master system and game gear games I have tested run at 60fps and rarely drop frames. Testing some Sega CD later, I doubt I can run 32X[/QUOTE]

try to play in red zone :wink:

Someone on GBAtemp led me to the right file. What a relief! That was driving me bonkers.

You know what’s really great, though? CatSFC. Nearly perfect Super NES emulation. It’s a damn shame Nintendo hasn’t given us Super NES emus officially on the 3DS.

Not sure if anyone’s mentioned it, but PCE fast appears to be broken on at least 10/24 and 10/23 builds. The last build I had where PCE fast worked was 10/19, but I haven’t tried any of the ones between. System hangs with “cannot push null” message.

Everything else I’ve tried works great, it’s crazy how fast this has moved.

Reposting this from GBATemp, which I thought was the home of this project :slight_smile:

Registered specifically to say thanks for the work on this. CatSFC plus and FCEUMM are working almost perfectly on my N3DSXL (9.2, Gateway emunand, .cia versions, 10/24 build).

I’ve had a lot of crashes with gPSP though. Both on this build and both of the most recent 2 builds before (10/22, 10/23). Happens on .3ds and .cia versions, and doesn’t seem to be triggered by any specific thing. Necessitates a full restart of my 3DS.

Are these freezes/crashes logged somewhere? I’d be happy to upload the logs somewhere if it would help with debugging. If not, just thought I’d let you know here.

I think aliaspider mentioned something about it recently in IRC, so I suspect he’s at least aware of it.

Hey, does anyone know where the BIOS files go for gpSP? I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to find the right location for the file. Any particular name I should use too, by the way?

it’s looking for gba_bios.bin with this md5 checksum: a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6 It goes in your ‘system’/BIOS directory, wherever that is.

Who is activelly developing these?

I think aliaspider and radius are doing most of the work.

Retroarch entirely is broken on the new Hax 2.5 update just released, this something that Smea will have to fix or the Retroarch devs?

Same here. After updating when I try to run Retroarch, I get a black screen on the top screen and the info on the 3DS touchscreen stops at “Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames.” and hardlocks.

In case this info’s needed, I’m using a New 3DS with firmware 10.1.0-27-U.

I’m betting that it’s an issue with the Hax update, seeing as many homebrew apps now crash on loading with 2.5. Still, I’m hoping that the devs here might be able to fix it up somehow quick.

The Retroarch build linked here works with hax2.5: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-nightly-builds-here.396843/page-259#post-5757328

Everything’s working again. Thanks!

Do the 3DS versions have sound now? o.o Or when did they start to get sound?

If I remember correctly 3DS files didn’t have sound back when I got my GW and Beta 3.2 I think.

Anyone know how to get Mednafen PCE Fast working? It used to, but now it keeps giving me BS audio errors. Don’t have the figgiest idea where to get the drivers or put the drivers, either.

Hello does N3DS power enough for PSP emulator ?

no it does not

On gpsp core running the CIA version (N3DS), Super Street Fighter II Turbo runs consistently full speed but inevitably crashes the emulator soon into gameplay, causing the system to restart. Any idea why that is?

Also, is it possible to have different input settings for each core? For NES, Gameboy, and GBA I use the 3DS’ B and Y buttons as A and B, while I obviously don’t do so for SNES.

would anyone be able to tell me why the pc engine emulator has been broken for 2 weeks or so now? does no one want to fix it or does no one know how to fix it?