3DS Nightly Discussion Thread

Can someone please help…I am new and I have installed retroarch on my new 3DSxl (and of course homebrew).

All of the cores…when loaded…launch to a red bottom screen with no further activity.

Can someone please help me?

Will 1.7.4 bring any performance and stability to the 3ds port? Is there anyone working on it?

Bigger neogeo games crash when earlier versions didn’t. Loading another game in any core while having the core open can crash. Loading any game can crash. Exiting a core and starting another one will crash. pce-fast is slow ~40fps. Genesis plus GX can be slow depending on the game. Also, is there any hope of pcsx running fullspeed?

I can’t add rom folders in the rgui so I have to goto the rom folders manually each time.

I’m using a n3dsxl with unlocked cpu speed via cfw and using .cia versions of the cores.

I’m getting random crashes with the Gpsp core with dynamic re compiler enabled and I have the luma crash logs. where is the best place to post them?

Is there any possibility to use ResidualVM on Retroarch for 3DS?

The Mame 2003 and 2003 + cores still do not work and haven’t in the past few stable releases. Roms do not load, and yes I have fully working correct rom set. Works fine on my android build so it’s definitely and issue with the 3DS version.

I am running RetroArch 1.8.5 on my 3DS and was disappointed to find no verbose log in or a user account for retro achievements.

My understanding is the old 2DS & 3DS models could not support retroachievements due to a networking issue but the new 2DS & 3DS/XLs have this networking capability. Will this forever be an issue or is it possible to enable this function for 3DS?

Thanks!

Hello, can anyone please explain why on an official YoiTube video I must have a PC-like GUI (well, it’s more playstation-like) while I have it another way (please see the

picture )

Thank you!

settings > driver > menu driver from “rgui” to “xmb”. Close RetroArch and then reopen it.

Yo the 3DS has an OpenGL library now. Can we get hardware rendering support like the Vita now? It’s called picaGL. https://github.com/masterfeizz/picaGL

Hey! I’m Robbie. I recently was messing around with the settings on my 3DS RetroArch and set the menu display to null. Now I can’t get into the software at all. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn’t fix anything. Is there a way to set it back to ctr or crt (whichever the setting was) from outside the menu

Find your retroarch.cfg on your storage and delete the menu_driver line. This should return it to the default value.

Hello, i have installed Retroarch v1.8.6 on my New 2DS XL. How can i update Retroarch to a newer version without losing any savegames?

FBNEO donk works on 3DS. Always black screen or Error and reset. Latest vesrions always stucks on 3ds loading screen. Any ideas ?

Hello,

I’m emulating PSX on New 2DS XL. Im using UNAI renderer and hi-res downscaling. When trying to play TOCA 2 i got screen squished in half like this

Without hi-res downscaling i got full screen but its messy.

How to configure it so it will fill full screen and not be messy ?

Hi guys! I don’t know if this is the right place to mention this, but is any dev thinking about implementing 800px mode in RetroArch? I think it will help a lot when scaling low res consoles, but dunno if you’re planning something regarding that or maybe you’re not even aware of it :stuck_out_tongue:

crashes when loading driver2 iso on pcsx-rearmed emulators, just shows like this? An exception occurred

Processor:       Arm11 (core 0)
 Exception type:  prefetch abort (svcBreak)
 Current process: PCSX ReA (000400000BAC1500)

R0     00000000       R1     00000000
 R2     66666666       R3     67056705
 R4     00BF0000       R5     FFFFAAAA
 R6     04332AEF       R7     FFFFFFFF
 R8     0610000E       R9     00AAFF0E
 R10    0B00FFEE       R11    00FAEA21
 R12    00000000       SP     0010EFB0
 LR     001404EF       PC     002E0000
 CPSR   A0000010       FPEXC  00000000

Press A to save the crash dump
 Press any other button to shutdown

pcsx doesnt work? i’ve tried running multiple games and not all of them work (chd files) any advice?