3DS Nightly Discussion Thread

This is a common problem apparently with the new hax payloads to launch Homebrew, I suggest updating the payloads every so often and see if that helps. I have this problem too and It sucks cause I rather like using Gamebatte for my GB games.

I am unable to load any GBA ROMS on gpSP, no matter the BIOS, build, or ROM. The emulator refuses to load. It gives the “not enough frames” error. I have tried everything. It was working for a time, but has stopped working completely recently. I have no idea why. Nothing changed. It worked randomly one day, but I could only get 20~ fps. It stopped again later that day. Any ideas?

Hi Guys, I am running luma3ds cfw with all latest stable cores (16/04) gpsp work fine launches games and plays great, pcxe refuses to launch any games (.bin), it just pushes me to the homescreen. Can anyone offer any advice? I have all BIOS in the correct location etc…

any possible explanation and solution why gpsp and gambatte crashes occasionally then all the time when I use rewind? Doesn’t occur with nestopia and snes9x2002 at all.

After updating RetroArch to 1.6 version, I cannot set the Turbo Enable key to ABXY buttons. In previous versions, this problem doesn’t exist. Also is there a way to enter the MAME menu in MAME2000 core? In MAME2003 core, ZR key can bring out the MAME menu in game, but in MAME2000 core, it doesn’t work.

When I use MAME2003 core to run Violent Strom, the game can pass rom check for the first time, but after the first time, it always shows BAD rom in SOUND 9C and 7C. I have to delete nvram or use save/load function to get the game running. The same romset can pass rom check every time on PSV RetroArch.

Hello, I have a new 3ds xl and I am trying to play NeoGeo games on it using 1.6.1 - FB Alpha 2012 Neo Geo v0.2.97.29… the games load but the fps is really low, an average of 20, can anyone suggest what settings improve the fps of the games?

Tried the stable Gambatte Core yesterday. Loading the 3DSX with Rosalina was working. It started into the XMB Gui.

After trying to start a ROM the core crashes (Push Start). After removing the config from sdmc:/retroarch and trying again it worked.

Somehow I could not explain why this happend?

Before deleting the config the Core directly crashed after loading the Rom. While after deleting the config after choosing a ROM I had to choose a core (Gambatte) and the game starts.

I had the same issue before, when loading a game there was a “press start to continue” message in the lower screen and I was kicked back to the menu after doing so.

It stopped happening when I deleted the retroarch folder and replaced it with the latest nightly though. So I assume it’s already fixed.

there is an issue with cores added to 3DS in 1.6.3 and later

81 (1.6.3 and later) https://github.com/libretro/81-libretro/issues/4
fuse (1.6.3 and later) https://github.com/libretro/fuse-libretro/issues/43
np2kai (post 1.6.7 nightly only) https://github.com/libretro/libretro-meowPC98/issues/24

I install them using FBI but they don’t show in titles or as icons on the home screen.

It seems they all have the same unique id 0xBAC00 (which is the same as the retroarch_3ds config stub, so installing any of the above emulators overwrites that)

not sure where those IDs are assigned, but if somebody points me in the right direction i can have a go at making them truly unique

see: https://github.com/libretro/libretro-super/issues/568

3DS nightly seems broken after 19th October?

Hi, when I try to launch a game with gpSP, it says “Press Start”. So I do it, but a red screen appears :confused: I am the only one to have this issue ?

When ever i load up any retroarch core i get this error (Video does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation

it says it requires about 4096 frames to load a rom what do i do please help me.

that’s not really an error, it’s just something it says. The actual problem must be elsewhere.

Then how do i fix it im so confused none of the emulators will work.

I also had this issue and it was fixed when i installed the CIA version of retroarch instead of loading the 3dsx from the homebrew channel

Hi everyone, in Dos Emulator How do I charge games? I have several but do not read them (Dos.3dsx), in .Cia My Old 3DSXL crash , Do I need a specific format for the games to work? @anon24419061

thanks for the support!!:yum:

I’m currently running into the generic “4096 frames” message and then “press start” returns to Homebrew browser. N3DS on most recent system version with Luma3DS. All versions of RA based on 3DSX fail to launch any games, generic “4096 frames” message. All needed firmware is where it should be, as far as I can tell. CIA versions of RA do install and launch games, so there’s that. Very slow RA launch when using the CIAs. I would much rather have the usual RA model of standalone files via the 3DSX versions. Also, I really don’t think the fancy RA GUI is worth the cramped interface. I switched back to the retro checkerboard theme (still same fail to launch content tho). Thanks for all your work :] I hope this gets more intuitive soon!

Hi

Where does a person post to reach actual retroarch 3ds devs? Would be happy to send some money in if it can get this version of RA up to speed. I’m using the 5/25 (cia) build on a N3DS and it has some severe issues still:

-the directory structure has changed quite a bit! it looks like you have replaced the core dummy files with the actual cia cores inside the “retroarch/cores” root dir. so you only need to install the base retroarch cia and then each loaded core will automatically install the needed cia? (which then shows a new gift icon when you exit RA) however, RA really doesn’t make this clear, we’re just looking at the program as it seems frozen (it did freeze on the PCE core in fact). i guess the message in the diagnostics “may take 20 seconds” etc. is somewhat helpful, but it’s still a confusing process. in the end, you end up installing/uninstalling all the cia cores as usual.

-Some cores do not like “close content” = arm exception crash

-Beetle PCE core is slooooow with CD-based games, maybe 40fps? I know this is a better emulator than what I have for the DS, but I can get full speed on that system! I think I have found discussion going back months about there being a problem in the code with FF/slow being toggled on or something? But still no improvement from the last “stable” build. Also has pixel junk overscan and aspect ratio issues.

It’s so close, please help me figure out who to contact! Thank you for all your work :]