3DS Nightly Discussion Thread

You sure they don’t have an N3DS? Maybe it was just an o3DS they just got.

Yep, aliaspider said so on gbatemp a few days ago…

In the latest nightlies RetroArch crashes for me when loading save states… This does not always happen and is different from core to core. Especially Gambatte crashes in around 75%, gpsp in 20%. Perhaps this could be looked at??

Thanks!

What are the chances on getting Game Emulator Player (for playing music) or whatever it’s called on 3DS?

whenever i select the new standalone retroacrh it says sd card was removed,

clicking scan directory crashes app

nightly ver 11-28-16 my 3ds specs 3DS FW (latest) 11.2

N3ds XL A9LH+luma CFW latest update class 10 MicroCenter 64gb MicroSD

also why was posketsnes dropped from the 3ds build, it was the best snes version

The Snes9x-derived cores were all renamed to match their forking date instead of whatever weird name they were listed under.

how’s the emulation on n3ds with a9lh and cpu overclock? does all emulators including psx finally run at fullspeed?

gpsp gives an error right after the 3ds splash screen and forces me to restart the 3ds ps: I put the bios on the right folder and named it correctly and mgba works fine 2. i tried both nightly and stable cias edit : just tried pcsx rearmed same thing crashes right after the 3ds logo edit2: running them through homebrew launcher dosen’t work either however with hbl it just show a black screen help please i looked everywhere on the internet
edit3: snes9x works gambatte works nestopia works mgba works

[QUOTE=geheim;50369]In the latest nightlies RetroArch crashes for me when loading save states… This does not always happen and is different from core to core. Especially Gambatte crashes in around 75%, gpsp in 20%. Perhaps this could be looked at??

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I’m seeing the same thing on the latest nightlies. I was running a post-1.3.6 nightly for a while with perfect save-state functionality for Gambatte, but since upgrading to a more recent nightly last week, (and the most recent tonight) loading savestates in the Gambatte core freezes everything. I have to hold down power to turn my 3DS off.

I tried making new save-states as well as loading old ones, same problem. I don’t have this problem in the gpSP core, but I’ve only tested it with tonight’s nightly.

I’ll see if I can dig up nightly dates tomorrow, and be more specific, but just wanted to add to this.

[QUOTE=secondsabre;52942]I’m seeing the same thing on the latest nightlies. I was running a post-1.3.6 nightly for a while with perfect save-state functionality for Gambatte, but since upgrading to a more recent nightly last week, (and the most recent tonight) loading savestates in the Gambatte core freezes everything. I have to hold down power to turn my 3DS off.

I tried making new save-states as well as loading old ones, same problem. I don’t have this problem in the gpSP core, but I’ve only tested it with tonight’s nightly.

I’ll see if I can dig up nightly dates tomorrow, and be more specific, but just wanted to add to this.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see someone else experiencing the same problem. Gambatte is the worst, it crashes nearly every time. gpsp crashes rarely, that’s okay and I didn’t test the latest nightlies for that. Hope someone fixes the Gambatte save state loading issue eventually!!

[QUOTE=secondsabre;52942]I’m seeing the same thing on the latest nightlies. I was running a post-1.3.6 nightly for a while with perfect save-state functionality for Gambatte, but since upgrading to a more recent nightly last week, (and the most recent tonight) loading savestates in the Gambatte core freezes everything. I have to hold down power to turn my 3DS off.

I’ll see if I can dig up nightly dates tomorrow, and be more specific, but just wanted to add to this.[/QUOTE]

Okay, dug up a previous nightly from 2016-11-24, and the save-state issue with Gambatte doesn’t occur there. The main ‘noticable’ change for me between the two versions is that the XMB file-system got re-structured (with “sdmc:”, “favourites”, etc) and the save-state loading broke somewhere between 11-24 and 12-14, which are the two version I have to compare.

Checking the Git, I saw a commit changing how loading savestates are handled (https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/pull/4250). I know nothing about programming, but it seemed worth a look? I don’t see any other commits about savestates, although it could be a million other things that’s broken it, I suppose. XD

Issue not replicated in the Windows nightly, of course.

PCSX ReArmed is missing, font size is all messed up along with the menu, all menu media is blank, nothing loads and is horrible, the nightly builds need a fix…

Just want to Report that save state loading in Gambatte is still broken in 1.4.0 stable… Could you please please take a look at it?? Thanks!

Saving is broken in PSXRearmed on 1.40 stable

Cursor keys are broken in RAM SOFT HANAFUDA (MSX) on 1.3.6 stable

MSX is totally broken for me in 1.4.0 stable

Gpsp crashes randomly whit dynarec enabled (it doesn’t crash if its off) Also whatever happened to pcsx ? thats the emu i am most interested in

Why is pcsx_rearmed missing from 1.4.0/1.4.1 3DS builds?

What is the retroarch_3ds.cia for? After installing I am not able to start it without crash.

I cannot get retroarch on N3ds 11.2.0-35U to work AT ALL. I have been trying for days. I have the bios, the roms, everything in order. Someone please HELP.