3DS Nightly Discussion Thread

SDXC support planned???

What about overlays are they not in thje 3ds version?

The CIA nightly from 2016-04-07 for gambatte still results in crash at start.

It doesn’t look like it’s only gambatte. Pretty much all the ones I wanted did the same.

I am having a Problem with MAME 3dsx. Keeps saying Target title selector The application you’re trying to run requires that you select a target A: Select Target --> Screen fluctuates like you just Triggered Homebrew Launcher, then after a few Screen Fluctuations, Bottom Screen is Red with Top Screen Scrambled and the System is Locked Up = Crashed B: Cancel -> Returns to Homebrew List

Also with the CIA Installers, I can NOT do anything. Core Boots Up, but can not use any Buttons except the Home Button to Exit the App, and the Frame Counter Increases. New3DS XL 9.2 FW with 10.3 EmuNAND GateWay FW

Edit: OK, I am not sure what I did, but I now have the latest RA .cia Build working again. LOL.

Deleted EVERYTHING related to RA on my SD Card and Uninstalled ALL the Cores but Moved the System Folder to another Directory to keep the BIOS I need. Shutdown. Start up. Once in GW Mode, Installed the Cores I wanted. Shutdown and Start Up again. Run a Core to Test. Controls still not working Shutdown. Put back the System Folder in the Newly created RetroArch Directory Just for the hell of it, Deleted the CFG File Start up and get into GW Mode Run a Core again. IT WORKS!!! (WTF!!! ???) Anyone know what I did here??? Hey I am all sorts of happy now, but I tried a fresh Install before and it didnt work then. Why now??

Hello,

I tried snex9x and other 3dsx from the last nightly retroarch. None are working. I have just a black screen (no menu). I tried the stable version. i can run all applications.

Is it normal ?

Thank

Screen tearing problem still in 1.3.4, 1.3.6 stable.

If I had a 3DS that is hacked, I could keep the 3DS port updated. As it is, we simply lack somebody who can keep maintaining the 3DS port, and aliaspider doesn’t always get to it it seems if things have been broken for so long.

On my 3DS I’ve been using Genesis Plus GX and Picodrive. This is on a CFW old 3DS, installed from CIAs. Confusingly GPGX’s icon just says Libretro so I had to look at the CIA to see what the emulator was actually called.

Anyway, I came here to say that I tried the Phantasy Star II Text Adventure games on Picodrive the other day and it didn’t work properly. It loaded the initial screen but then went to a red screen and stayed there. With the latest version these games now work, and at full speed. However, using GPGX gets me the aforementioned 20fps performance (though at least no red screen crash). GPGX in general has terrible performance, almost universally 20fps with the games I’ve tried. Anyway, I mainly wanted to say that Phantasy Star II Text Adventures now works great and pleaes don’t break this in future updates! :slight_smile:

The one problem I’ve found with Picodrive is its performance with the original Phantasy Star. It runs slowly and at an inconsistent framerate, kind of wobbling and lurching around. It’s particularly noticeable in the audio. Also the text read-out on the bottom screen is constantly scrolling so something is clearly going wrong there. Oddly, this game actually works pretty well on GPGX although is still a little off.

So where did mGBA go, and what exactly is Retroarch.cia for?

Also @Twinaphex, if you still need a 3DS I could donate one to you, if it’ll help development even slightly.

[QUOTE=Choko;48880]So where did mGBA go, and what exactly is Retroarch.cia for?

Also @Twinaphex, if you still need a 3DS I could donate one to you, if it’ll help development even slightly.[/QUOTE]

1. I want to believe that the mGBA CIA is being put on hold due to endrift’s request. Since the release of mGBA 0.5.0, I noticed the mGBA core has been missing in RA, so I think endrift told them to wait until some more things got added. I might be wrong about it though, a dev could give you the exact answer.

2. The retroarch_3ds.cia is more or less like an all-in-one CIA. You can use that one as the main RetroArch for all the cores and games you have, no need to install separate CIAs anymore. Think of it as RetroArch on the Wii, you load all the cores and games from just one app, this CIA does the same thing, except prettier. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=ShadowOne333;48919]1) I want to believe that the mGBA CIA is being put on hold due to endrift’s request. Since the release of mGBA 0.5.0, I noticed the mGBA core has been missing in RA, so I think endrift told them to wait until some more things got added. I might be wrong about it though, a dev could give you the exact answer.

1. The retroarch_3ds.cia is more or less like an all-in-one CIA. You can use that one as the main RetroArch for all the cores and games you have, no need to install separate CIAs anymore. Think of it as RetroArch on the Wii, you load all the cores and games from just one app, this CIA does the same thing, except prettier. :P[/QUOTE]

Oddly for me, until I installed every other .cia, the Retroarch.cia would crash saying the SD Card had been removed. After that it works but it always launched the core I had previously used. I’ll play around with it more.

Edit: I did some testing and it will launch as long as you’ve launched one of the other .cia cores before it. You can switch cores as well, as long as those cores are installed as .cia. Apparently it directly launched the file using it’s appID.

[QUOTE=Choko;48951]Oddly for me, until I installed every other .cia, the Retroarch.cia would crash saying the SD Card had been removed. After that it works but it always launched the core I had previously used. I’ll play around with it more.

Edit: I did some testing and it will launch as long as you’ve launched one of the other .cia cores before it. You can switch cores as well, as long as those cores are installed as .cia. Apparently it directly launched the file using it’s appID.[/QUOTE]

Just tested it myself, and I can confirm that it does indeed have the “SD Card has been removed” message whenever I try to boot the RetroArch 3DS CIA. Although I haven’t gotten it to launch yet, I have yet to see if booting another CIA of other cores makes it launch. Maybe it does, I will see what happens.

[QUOTE=ShadowOne333;48979]Just tested it myself, and I can confirm that it does indeed have the “SD Card has been removed” message whenever I try to boot the RetroArch 3DS CIA. Although I haven’t gotten it to launch yet, I have yet to see if booting another CIA of other cores makes it launch. Maybe it does, I will see what happens.[/QUOTE]

From a bit more of my testing it looks like the “Load Core” function won’t have any selectable options either unless Retroarch.cia is installed.

As an aside, I am have an odd issue with Super Mario All Stars (SNES). No matter what core I load it with, as soon as it’s actually in a game and passed the start screen the game becomes unresponsive to input.

RetroArch has taken a tumble into Slowsville with the latest builds. Games that ran fine before (Neo-Geo, Genesis, etc) are now crawling along at 20 frames per second. I can’t even get full speed on FCEUMM, the NES emulator! Is there any reason for the drop in performance, and what can I do to get things back up to speed? Note that I’m using a New 3DS XL and running the emulators in the Homebrew Browser.

I talked to aliaspider about this and it seems that something has changed, possibly with the SDK, that is causing it to only access the o3DS speeds. It only seems to be affecting a couple of people and seems to be related to the type of jailbreak used. Hopefully, he can get it worked out soon.

I have a few questions…

1: Is it possible to actually use per-core settings? Mainly I just want all cores to use the highest dB possible audio, except for gpsp because it sounds awful.

2: Is it possible to set a default start location for loading roms, per core? So that I don’t have to start from the root of the SD.

3: What is this about showing icons/coverart for roms? I’m using the XMB (I think it’s called that) interface, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Oh yeah I’m using the latest nightly, which is why I posted in here.

Can the 3DS CIA build for gPSP be reverted to what it was in, like, November 2015? It’s had the same crashing and screen tearing issues for an absurdly long time and that ancient build had none of it.

[QUOTE=powermad80;49965]Can the 3DS CIA build for gPSP be reverted to what it was in, like, November 2015? It’s had the same crashing and screen tearing issues for an absurdly long time and that ancient build had none of it.[/QUOTE] The 10/20 nightly (or newer probably) doesn’t have any screen tearing, but unfortunately it’s pretty crashy.

YEah Screen tearing issue has recently been fixed. Unfortunately dynarec is still Buggy on N3DS and crashes the device. As the devs don’t have a N3DS there is no hope that this will ever get fixed :frowning: