4K Bezel Overlay Variations

1 Like

That’s cool, I wasn’t aware of this game really until now. Where can I get those marquee/bezel files?

4 Likes

Looks good, I thought you could use that steering wheel you found for me, as it matches the original reference image more. Nice touch with logo on the monitor bezel.

Nice find of ref, never thought to go to the source d’OH. I’ll update my marquee with this. As mine was ripped out of a photo of cab at a slight angle and had to do a lot of fixing. You noticed the inner star bezel, nice, I had to make it, but does complete the look, of course that was originally layed back much further in the cab and angled.

I agree Zaccaria must have had a good supply of drugs. Some of their can designs are woooo

beautiful!!! donkey kong 3

Thanks. It was amazing to make it. I was on an endorphin high for hours after It was complete. I just sat there stunned at what I had put together from others work.

I did this four days ago

4 Likes

So who’s been a busy boy then. Looks great. I’m not much of a black light fan, but as a fun alternative they are cool.

Would love to see these on my cab. Maybe you could get a Google drive or mega account setup so you could share.

1 Like

I understand you circumstances, we’ve all been there. Hang in. But try these.

Mega account is free 15gb and if you use my scan code I think I get extra storage referral bonus. :hugs: I’m on free also. Mega link

I think if you have a Google account you get a free Google drive account. I haven’t paid either. So check that out.

Wow, would like to see your stuff on my cab just to see what you mean.

Im thinking of making some sort of excel sheet that lists all vertical bezel so we can see what is done, variations, by whom, and where to get. Or something. Im going insane trying to keep up. But I’m no excel guy at all. So might take time.

2 Likes

Wow! I had no idea you’d created so many of these, impressive output!

Per @briball’s comment, it would definitely be good to come up with a way of indexing all the variations for these overlays so people can find and use them. It does seem like the format is getting more popular.

I found this person on reddit who built a cool bartop using the vertical format today:

I need to go back over and do more large screen versions for the overlays I’ve already done. People with smaller screens like that would prefer that, I am sure.

3 Likes

Dropbox accounts are free, Dreamstate. Up to 2 GB, if you’re interested in sharing.

1 Like

I just spent the day cleaning up the Gemini Wing bezel. Do you know where I can find a decent marquee? I’ve looked around and can’t seem to find anything other than a super pixelated 1200X315 version and it’s just not gonna cut it.

Well, that does seem to be super rare. I’ve seen people trying to locate a scan of that for like 10 years now. So… I found someone selling it on eBay for $65 and I just bought it. I’ll scan it and share once it arrives in a week or so.

2 Likes

That’s cool! Do you have a higher res version of that with your clean up? I could take it a bit farther if u don’t mind?

That marquee I ordered is in pretty bad shape and will take quite a lot of restoration work too :frowning:

As I said, original was 50mb. I had to let the online photo editor i use on my old machine downscale it to 15mb just so the flash base wouldn’t crash constantly. Also bear in mind my level of clean up won’t be anywhere near your level. I’ve used an old cordless mouse and used only very, very basic clean up skills. You’re welcome to it but I’m pretty positive you won’t want to tackle it. You would be much bette off downloading the original from the mame forums/official artwork thread for Gemini Wing.

1 Like

Ah cool, I’ll check there once I get the marquee in and enough free time. I’ll be moving in a week and won’t have time for art projects for a while :frowning:

1 Like

Here’s my temporary version of Gemini until you provide us with a flawless version.

4 Likes

Looks so cool, can’t wait to get the art in and do the restoration!

1 Like

And I completed the game in what felt like10 minutes today. Pretty disappointing. Something like 3 bosses and the last one was a good 5 minute battle. Can’t wait to see what someone who knows what they’re doing does with this kind of damage. My attempt was pretty sloppy. Wait till you see the stuff growing on the bottom left border. It’s so gross.

1 Like