4k verical Bezel (ArsInvictus and OrionsAngel Style)

Speaker section looks especially awesome.

thanks,

i tried to keep to original cab

2 Likes

@walter.farmacia

OK here is my attempt at cruis’n USA, I just couldn’t find a better shot of the steeringwheel, so if anybody has a good shot (doesn’t matter the condition of wheel just as good rez and sharp)ish)), the rest i can fix. I mostly had to piece the whole thing together, maybe need to change font for the buttons, but don’t have good collection of fonts. Alo working with so much black tones is a balls ache on a so so monitor, as it is hard to see.

anyway here it is, hope you like it, and i welcome any feedback.

I havemade it so you can use it with the HSM realistic shader. but if you want it with monitor frame I still have it in my layer.

Also i want to add I haven’t been able to go on my game cab for a while, so haven’t tested these so just straight out of Photoshop.

2 Likes

tremendous work Amazing!!! I thank you thank you, I will keep it in my collection

I want to learn to light it like it’s on MARQUEE

glad you liked it @walter.farmacia ,

here’s the new one with this wheel ( where did you find this one, would like to know as i was looking for this and want to know how i couldn’t find this beauty??? )

i also did a few minor tweeks so spot the difference time.

and as for the lighting marquee(probably many ways) but mine is, i make a black and white image of where i want the lights and dark edges on a layer above the marquee and set it to overlay. if you want more light effect just duplicate that layer as many times if the black gets to much just remove that from one or more of the layers. Some people might want to add a layer (with reduced opacity) of the marquee with a high level of blur to give the effect of light bleeding(you can erase where there isn’t much light), but I don’t do that as i want to keep the marquee looking clear. I hope this is clear, otherwise i might just post a sample psd, if i get time.

got some time, so made a sample for the marquee, @ArsInvictus @Orionsangel if you guys have nice or different ways I would be interested to know what you do :wink:

sample PSD

Thank you very much for the explanation of the marquee, I will try it, and I personalized the wheel with a photo that I had

sorry for my english, i speak spanish

no worries, half dutch and english here, so as long as we understand eachother.

anyway i also added a sample if you want to check it out.

but my big curiousity is where did you find the wheel image ( i tried ith google but got bad ebay picures, this one was perfect, hoping there might be more ref where you found this :wink:

Well, I got it looking and looking, but that was a while ago and I had deleted the photo, I can’t find it right now

I’m going to try to do the panel control with this style, this afternoon

1 Like

My way is simple but I don’t think it’s the best way. I’ve been thinking to experiment with your approach. I’m not sure what Mr. RetroLust does, but his look amazing to me, and I think he’s probably following your method (but maybe with different blend modes than overlay?).

All I do is create an exposure layer with a radial gradient mask so the effect is stronger in the center and then tweak the exposure settings per marquee until I get a look I like. Then I add an inner shadow effect to the marquee itself and tweak those settings too.

1 Like

Just a heads up, I was asking Mr. RetroLust what gives his marquees that unique look he has. Turns out he is using an old free photoshop plugin called Richard Rosenman Diffuse Glow 1.1. It only runs in Windows and i’m using a Mac right now. I should have access to a Windows machine to experiment with it in a couple weeks after I move to my new home.

Here’s some samples I really think look good:

2 Likes

Yeah, that does look good. When I get back into it, I’ll see if I can find that plugin.

I’ve been busy setting up my coinops next into a vertical frontend, I’ve got a separate collection of just vertical cab bezel games set up. I had issues with my retroarch setup, turns out that I had set the alternative rendering on, but that caused issues with the HSM shader. Anyway it’s almost done. Also updating the configs and need to get a few ROMs to complete your set.

1 Like

wao!!! look real marquee

1 Like

OK,

I have made an excel sheet with all the Bezels I could find and placed it here. Vertical Bezel Sheet here

edit: F#$& tech is really pissing me off, anyway, the Hyperlink don’t seem to work (in google sheets) just the first one (not the copied and pasted ones after that) should be fine in Excel (I Hope). If anybody knows how to fix this let me know, I have been looking for hours.

If you find one missing or have a new one PM me and I can Add it.

3 Likes

ok one from my past, that I used to play at my local swimming pool way back in the day.

here’s a small preview image as I can’t post the full, but you can get it on my google drive!!!

Also playing around with the control panel a sort of 2.5D I think I will also add Arsinvictus coinsloy as a seperate versions on all my bezels, as some might prefer that look.

enjoy

3 Likes

and another one for the collection. just need to work on the monitor frame for this one.

if you want to get the full size go to my google drive.

4 Likes

I am currently adding the coindoor for people who like the @ArsInvictus look maybe a bit more, to most of my Bezel as a variant/alternative.

Alpine ski, Astro blaster, Crazy Climber (example image) Moon Patrol, Pengo and Phoenix. just a few to go :wink: they are in their folders on my Google drive here

6 Likes