4K Vertical Overlay Community Contributions

GATE OF DOOM (Data/1990)

9 Likes

Nice to finally have a Rastan with the control panel, thanks @walter.farmacia!

2 Likes

A few more pieces for Elevator Action Returns:

Custom Marquee:

Full resolution marquee

Custom bezel:

Full resolution bezel with card

Full resolution bezel without card

Full resolution bezel sized for 19" monitor

Recreation of Taito F3 style control panel (size might not be accurate):

I’ll work on an overlay with these materials this week.

9 Likes

Wow, this is looking great! :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Went on a tangent tonight after stumbling upon an old in-flight overlay for HyperDyne Side Arms. The control panel had a set of stickers that I was only able to find a very blurry photo of online. I created something similar to the original using art from the control panel overlay. I’ll try to finish that overlay up soon too.

10 Likes

For those like @ArsInvictus and me, looking for a “lighter” version of HSM MegaBezel, there is an alternative called koko-aio made by @kokoko3k. It seems very promising to put those integrated graphics to work!!!

2 Likes

SUPERMAN (TAITO/1988)

7 Likes

I’ve added @walter.farmacia’s Superman overlay to the megabezel shader pack. This should automatically work with all regions.

Download the pack here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_BlCuOgesVKxf9o2Z1tBug_YCKsCqJ08&usp=drive_fs

8 Likes

Gate of Doom update from @walter.farmacia, correcting the button labels, and Rastan also by Walter have both been added to the MegaBezel pack:

8 Likes

Added Batman overlay by @walter.farmacia to the MegaBezel pack:

7 Likes

So far so good with these @ArsInvictus. :partying_face:

1 Like

“Crazy Taxi, Golden Axe, Jet Set Radio, Shinobi, Streets of Rage are all coming back for a brand new generation. Check out this montage of quick looks at each of these games, revealed at The Game Awards 2023.”

All look really cool but I’m especially interested in Shinobi and Golden Axe. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Crazy Taxi looks like it might be good, especially if they let us use a wheel with it. But I’ve never been a fan of 3D versions of beat em ups. Streets of Rage 4 kept to the original formula and seems like it was a big success, same with Shredder’s revenge, so I don’t see why Sega would go back to making 3D versions. It hasn’t panned out that well for Sonic… Shinobi also looks like a completely different style of gameplay. Original Shinobi had a kind of measured, deliberate pacing, this looks more like ninja gaiden.

3 Likes

I just want them to be fun and play well. What’s the point of making the game look great if the controls and gameplay suck.

1 Like

Amazing job! You always make it look like an official Arcade bezel! Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks @Orionsangel! And thanks for turning me on to that game, it’s actually pretty fun, and I’d never really heard that much about it utnil you mentioned. I’m still working on my actual overlay for it and trying to decided what to do for the control panel, might do something custom, or use one of the two generic Taito CPO’s.

1 Like

I couldn’t find a scan of this, but if anyone has it, pass it my way. For now, here’s a vectorized recreation of the other Taito generic CPO:

4 Likes

Elevator Action Returns 4k Vertical Overlay

Finally got around to putting the completed overlay together for this game. We’ve been making some adjustments to the directory layout for the MegaBezel share. It’s now been updated so the root directory matches the standard for the MegaBezel, which is under the shaders directory. So the new directory structure should be :RetroArch/shaders/Mega_Bezel_Packs/VerticalArcade.

The link to the share is:

We are also working on some scripts that will automate some of the setup, including one that should let us automatically create MAME .lay versions for the overlays (obviously without the cool lighting effects from the HSM shader). Once that is done we can provide another share that will have those available.

Anyway, here is the overlay in action (no pun intended):

The screen grabs don’t really capture how it looks in person, so here is how it looks on my TV:

11 Likes

Amazing work! It’s next level!

3 Likes

Thanks so much Orion! You gave me the mission :smiley:

3 Likes