4K Vertical Overlay Community Contributions

I have an LG 95UE OLED too and I love it! Fantastic monitor and I’m surprised how much I like the not-matte, not-glossy finish, it just looks like pure smooth black to me with no reflections but still has vibrant colors.

1 Like

It is not as CRT-like as OLED but still looks very nice. I use the Samsung for my vertical overlay setup and I have it on the rotating wall mount, so I can hit a button on the remote and it turns. I don’t think Samsung makes the mount anymore but you may be able to find it if you hunt around.

But in terms of a CRT-like presentation, OLED is the winner.

1 Like

Awesome! Nice to hear there is another here who adopted the tech. I just got it 2 days ago, so havent had much time to experiment. I am working on getting Retroarch BFI tuned. Looks like am behind on some key updates.

https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12965

But yeah, have you tried the 480hz 1080p mode for retro games? Any comments, tips or experiences worth sharing?

1 Like

No, I haven’t tried BFI on it or the 1080p mode. I really like the higher quality subpixel rendering you can get out of 4K and it looks very smooth to my eyes. But if you find it to be a good option let me know!

I’ll have to update RetroArch and try these new BFI settings too.

1 Like

Hi. I think this has been replied before but, what are the cheapest Nvidia and AMD boards able to handle HSM Mega Bezel in 4K HDR? Maybe not in the highest presets, but still some decent CRT Emulation.

I´m trying to build a PC exclusively for that, but I don´t want to buy the wrong Graphics card.

Thanks.

PS: If there is any other discussion thread about that, just let me know and I erase this post.

1 Like

Hi @K-rnivoro! You might want to try the Mega Bezel thread?

1 Like

Anyone else see Doc Mack yesterday on MeTV’s Collector’s Call?

2 Likes

I didn’t, can you share a link?

1 Like
2 Likes

Here you go:

https://mega.nz/file/69cVEI5T#WiuN8cNkWHhhKL7juThbonZRguv4g0iynTn0kS0Av0w

3 Likes

Hello, I would like to know if there is a PSD file of the horizontal and vertical structure of these cabinets

If so have you tried rotating the screen 180° so that the subpixels would be in RGB order instead of BGR/RBG?

Alien Syndrome 4k Vertical Overlay (SEGA 1987)

This has been on my cabs for a good year or two but as the new Alien: Romulus Movie was coming out I started playing this with the kids over the summer, I realised I never really finished this art to the point I was happy to share it - it’s using @ArsInvictus original overlay at its core, very thrown together with a few theatrical modifications to look more like the cab I played on in the 80’s, but I realised with a little polish it’s perfectly good as it is to share. I just saw an old post when I was searching to see if there was one with the topper already posted (so I wasn’t doubling up) and saw @Drybonz had put up an image of the alien topper so hopefully it’s useful for at least one of you!

I used an old scan I had of the CPO for this and matched the old lighting that comes through the instructions card, I also added the 1/2 player buttons lit as they were in my local arcade (I can’t find a reference for it though) kind of a unique cab, worth a look if you have time to play!

If someone wants to sort out the megabezal for it I’ll update the post :slight_smile:

Alien Syndrome MAME

5 Likes

Looks awesome. These are the posts that make me want one of these vertical setups… but I try not to think about it.

2 Likes

Very cool and nostalgic.

Are the Star Wars overlays still in the release queue?

Awesome as always, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Love this one! Thanks for sharing as always! I’ll set it up for the megabezel (will try for this weekend) and add it to the google drive :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks @Drybonz, if you ever get the chance it’s totally worth it, even if you mount a TV on the wall vertically it can be a game changer!

Thanks mate - Yes absolutely, literally the only thing on the way is getting the mega bezel reflection on the cab plastics going, just been too busy! Happy to share the standard files for now though?

2 Likes

Thanks @ArsInvictus, I’ve been meaning to get this topper version done since I first saw yours and started doing overlays with you, this is only a variant and by no means meant to replace any that come before it! it’s kind of fitting I used one of your earlier vertical overlays as a basis for this :sweat_smile: not one of my most polished, but I love the way it comes together on my cabs, that CPO light and buttons reflect off the real control panel really well :sunglasses: really need to set up and start using megabezels for my cabs sometime! Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

Yes, please do share the standard files. I’ve been looking forward to them ever since you previewed Star Wars back in March.

2 Likes