A better solution for ZX Spectrum?

I’m having issues with the current core i’m using (Fuse) and i’d like some alternative.

The issue is that the core doesn’t detect what machine to use. For instance, if a machine needs more or less RAM to run. As such, if a game is incompatible with the core options, RetroArch freezes and i have to force it to close.

If the rom would just not load without RA freezing that wouldn’t be a problem. I could just change the core options and save them for the specific game. But now i have to test each and every one of the thousands of games just to make sure it won’t crash if i load the wrong game while using the gamepad (i’m not using a keyboard/mouse).

Not that I promise anything, but since I was looking as this emulator to learn how it works, if you give exact instructions to reproduce, I can have a look.

You could focus on the Dizzy games. Some of them might crash if you don’t have Spectrum 128 as the core option. Crystal Kingdom needs Spectrum +2.

I am afraid you need to be much more precise than this.

I have found these 2 games

Dizzy II - Treasure Island Dizzy (1988)(Codemasters)(128k).tap

Dizzy VII - Crystal Kingdom Dizzy (1992)(Codemasters)(128k).tap

and was not able to crash retroarch.

The worst I got was a grey screen with either of these messages

1. “1982 Sinclair Research Ltd” (after the initial correct splash screen)
  2. “M RAMTOP no good, 10:1”

Maybe I don’t know how to trigger the crash, maybe it has already been fixed.

I use the latest git version which claims to be 1.1.1 3371042.

Ok try “Space Crucade”

Edit: That one crashes if i use the default fast loader “enabled” though.

Edit 2: Same with Chase HQ 2.

It might be the fast loader that crashes RA after all and not the machine model. It’s still an issue though.

I tried both of them and could not crash anything. Could not play either as was not able to go past the splash screen with either a tape loading going on forever or exhausted all possible keys and nothing happened.

Unless very precise instructions are given to reproduce the crash there is little I can help with.

have you tried fastloading ON? It crashes for me when its ON but works when its OFF, though it takes ages to load.

HI…I have streaked the 2.11 V500 center with a USB Blaster and lamentably I was unable to get this center for sure.

In any case, I persisted as I was already aware 2.11 worked for certain individuals. I have a BooBip 2MB RAM development in my Rev 5 A500 with a 1MB Agnus. In the event that I eliminate and cripple the Gary girl board that accompanies this extension, the Amiga boots up without issue (lamentably with just 512K chip).

The V2.10 center doesn’t have this issue with the RAM extension. I am trusting this may focus some light on a potential similarity issue for the Vampire group.

On the off chance that there is any trying I can do please tell me. This isn’t a grumbling simply some ideally valuable input to the group.

In the end this RAM development will be eliminated once the GOLD3 center is delivered, as the Chip RAM will move to the Vampire.