About the Windows devices category

(Replace this first paragraph with a brief description of your new category. This guidance will appear in the category selection area, so try to keep it below 200 characters. Until you edit this description or create topics, this category won’t appear on the categories page.)

Use the following paragraphs for a longer description, or to establish category guidelines or rules:

• Why should people use this category? What is it for?

• How exactly is this different than the other categories we already have?

• What should topics in this category generally contain?

• Do we need this category? Can we merge with another category, or subcategory?

3 Likes

When running retroarch.exe in Windows 10, first I get an error that d3dx9_43.dll is missing, then Norton AV detects that libintl-8.dll is infected, and it quarantines it. Anyone else encounter this problem? I tried other versions and get similar results…

1 Like

I have Bitdefender and my file scans don’t detect anything bad never had any issues. reinstall it and make sure the folder is located somewhere like Downloads, Documents, or Desktop, Not in program files. About norton, just white list the file and try to run retroarch as administrator.

1 Like

Hi- I have dual monitor set up, I run RetroArch in fullscreen Window Mode

when i move the mouse over to my other monitor and click it pauses retroarch, any setting to basically not pause it when clicking outside the screen?

1 Like

Hi there. I’m new here! I don’t believe I have topic making privileges in order to ask in my own thread yet and I do not see a general FAQ that mentions this subject that I need help with. I’ve asked in many other places too, so this is a last resort, but I do hope to stay here. Things here are very clean.

Anyway, so I’ve managed to get very comfortable with Retroarch recently but I’m having some issues getting Thumbnails to work properly! They were working last night, and now they just don’t show no matter the platform. I’ll use the Online Updater, and it downloads to the correct folder. Nothing. Quit retroarch, restart and Run as Admin. Still nothing. Download the zipped thumbnail packs from libretro.com, still nothing. I just can’t get them to work anymore! I don’t know what to do from here and really need some help. If its something extremely simple, sorry for being a bother. Thanks for the help.

5 Likes

I can’t create a new topic no matter what I do. Is it because I’m new?? Where can I post a question about shaders besides Reddit? no one answers over there. Nnedi3 crashes mupen64 on vulkan and I don’t know why

1 Like

Hi, I can’t seem to make my own topic but I’m having a very specific problem with a certain game regarding Retroarch. I’ll post what my issue has been:

This only seems to be happening with Ocarina of time.First time it just flat out froze, no sound nothing. Then it froze again but I could still hear the music in the game. here’s the core I was using: https://imgur.com/Nz4EQRi I also tried switching RDP to angrylion and still had it freeze. I’ve also tried a different rom and version of OOT. Same problem.

2 Likes

I am running PCSX2 in Retroarch, and all my other games work fine but for some reason Katamari Damacy will freeze when loading Make a Star 8 and I cannot continue the game. It’s ran fine on the other levels save for a bit of lag but nothing game breaking, so I’m not sure why I can’t go further than Make a Star 8.

I’m running the most recent version of the emulator and Retroarch and I even tried a few different Katamari ISO files and they all had the same issue. The image i’ve attached is the exact spot where the game freezes. The King’s text will stop scrolling but it will still make the record scratching sound that plays during dialogue. I’ve tried reverting all settings to default but no matter what tweaks I make the game refuses to load past that point.

Needing help My Retro Arch is showing Statics Running on my screen at all times … How can i please get this off my screen so i can play games… Thank you!

Hi there. I’m new here! I don’t believe I have topic making privileges in order to ask in my own thread yet and I do not see a general FAQ that mentions this subject that I need help with.

I’m running Retroarch on a Windows 11 PC with Kodi 19.4 an IAGL. Each time I start a game with IAGL, it commences well enough, but after a moments, Retroarch jumps to the background and kodi is showing the message “Waiting for the game to quit”. During this time, Retroarch and the game are running. Have I missed a setting? This is a new build and I’m a total noob at this.

Has anyone gotten a mouse, trackball, or similar device to work with Retroarch Windows version? I did an interesting test using a Raspberry Pi and a Windows machine with the same version build and same hardware to connect to both machines. The Raspberry Pi platform detected the trackball perfectly and so did the Windows machine both acting as a mouse for movement. However the Raspberry Pi machine with Retroarch recognized the device while the Windows one did not. Any ideas for the Windows version how to get a trackball or mouse to be recognized as an input device?

A post was split to a new topic: Windowed mode screen doesn’t update

Hi I was wondering about why I am unable to save new keybinds when trying to change them on windows. I can change them, but it will not let me save the new keybinds profile