Amiga CD32

I just watched that Puae core can play Amiga games, can it run Amiga CD32 games as well?

1 Like

yeah, i want to know that too

I am interested to know this too. Will follow up.

I use uae4all but you have to load games manually.

CD32 being played via RetroArch would solve a huge headache for me. Same with regular Amiga, but still.

Those UAE emulators piss me off. I can never get them to work right.

I feel you man, UAE has been a pain in tha ass for me too. I got Commodore Amiga to work with UAE after trying different tutorials and if you asked me now, I don’t remember how I did it. For the Amiga CD32, would be easier to make it work on RA if that is possible, at least.

Did anyone find out if puae core runs cd32?

I couldn’t get it to do anything and put everything Commodore back in the “someday” pile…

I have plenty of games running on android. I would have to test them on PC but you need a config file per game for Amiga

Best hope is uae4arm core as latest version works with cd32 games. I tried an older version of uae4arm and there are sound issues.

I use a frontend to launch games and I don’t think it’s possible to launch direct to game with uae4arm. So was hoping to use Retroarch

I managed to make it work by mounting an isofile first.

cd /storage/roms/amiga/cd32
mkdir projectx_f17
mount -o loop projectx_f17.iso projectx_f17

Doing this will mount the ISO file as a readonly directory.

Then in projectx_f17.uae :

filesystem2=ro,CD0:PROJECTX_F17:/storage/roms/amiga/cd32/projectx_f17,0
kickstart_rom_file=/storage/system/amiga/cd32/kick.rom
kickstart_ext_rom_file=/storage/system/amiga/cd32/extended.rom
cpu_type=68ec020
chipset=aga
chipmem_size=4
bogomem_size=2
use_gui=false
cpu_speed=real
cpu_compatible=true
ntsc=false
immediate_blits=false
gfx_linemode=double
gfx_framerate=1
sound_output=normal
sound_frequency=44100
sound_channels=mixed
sound_interpol=none
show_leds=false
floppy_speed=100
gfx_center_vertical=smart
gfx_center_horizontal=smart
gfx_color_mode=16
joyport0=joy0
nr_floppies=0

Explanations of :

filesystem2=ro,CD0:PROJECTX_F17:/storage/roms/amiga/cd32/projectx_f17,0

A “read-only” filesystem as “CD0:” with a volume named “PROJECTX_F17” (the original disc name) targeted to the mounted directory “/storage/roms/amiga/cd32/projectx_f17” (not the ISO file) with bootable option enabled.

The ISO file doesn’t have to contain audio tracks as it will be heavy and useless. I hope it will help.

After 6 months has not progressed on this issue? Can not launch isos of friend cd32 in lakka with retroarch? ask, because there was nothing about Amstrad GX4000 and after asking, yes there was a solution.

try fs-uae, its very easy to use

Is running CD32 in puae core possible these days?

1 Like

I’m not seeing in the core info file about it running ISO or BIN/CUE files, so I don’t think its in there.

Christmas is here! CD32 Support is now there, works like a charm. Thank you guys!

Could you be more specific? You mean in puae?

Doesn’t work for me

Windows works fine, did you update the core info file?

Yes, updated the info file, the core itself and triple checked i have all the correct bios files needed.

Still no dice though and i’m on Windows 7. I’m using cue/bin files that do work on the standalone WinUAE.