AmigaDos on PUAE

How do I get passed this or get around it?

By launching files meant for Amiga so that it boots automatically, and not trying random commands that do not exist.

How do I get it to boot Automatically?

Like I already said: Launch a supported file.

1 Like

Can that be a .zip File?

I tried pretty much same file on my other Computer and that worked

Sure it can, but the contents matter, like with any archive format.

Everything is stated in the docs.

Okay.

I am be using the No-Intro Pack

Not all floppies are bootable, which means they need to be run from Workbench. Those are pretty much only text adventures, or bigger games that require HD installation.

2 Likes

Try that.

I am only been trying playing Amiga Games this weekend so I am very much a Newbie with the Amiga

1 Like

Just went and had another Go at Fixing it.

Used the Log to see what was Happening and It said I was Missing Capsimg so I downloaded it and put it in the System File.

Now it Works Fine

…But without CAPS library IPF files won’t even boot that far like in the pic

1 Like

Yeah Log said it was Missing then when I got it the .ipf files from No-intro Loaded Up

If you bypass Load Core and choose Load Content and choose an .adf file, it launches the disk image using the Amiga core. If it’s bootable, the game, demo or utility will start.

In other words, you can’t load the Amiga core and then insert disks. Retroarch is console-centric.

If the disk image just contains files, it will boot to the command line as you see here. There can still be games, demos, or utilities on it. Use cd/dir and type the name of an executable like normal to run it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A plain AmigaDOS floppy disk image needs to have an installed bootblock and a startup-sequence in S so it knows which file to run when inserted in drive DF0. Without those it’ll just boot to prompt shown in your screenshot.

1 Like