Android 32-bit Savestates on Windows 10 64-bit?

Greetings

Have just come back to RetroArch after a looong time away and was wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction here or advise if I’m wasting my time…

Previously used RA on Android only and have just downloaded 1.9.0 for Windows 10 via the 64-bit installer link for my laptop. I’ve got everything working great so far but was wondering if it should be possible to use some of my old Android Savestates on a Win PC? I’ve had a look around the forums (I found [android] why does the savefiles isnt compatible at all? ) and google and I’m not convinced it’ll work but thought I’d ask the question.

These are .state files which worked and which I pulled from a RA build from May 2015 -told you it’d been a while! - on an old Galaxy S4 i9505 (stock, unbranded, JellyBean) and I’m now trying them on the same Genesis Plus GX core on my PC:

• 1st attempt with a MegaDrive game just force-closed the core and returned me to RA menu.

• 2nd attempt on Game Gear Shinobi seemed to load the state…not sure, as my configured controller wouldn’t actually unpause the game so it may actually have just crashed also… it did let me go back to RA menu via the controller select+start combo toggle I’d set up though. Maybe the controller didn’t work as the savestate was from a touchscreen device?

Am I wasting my time?

Any help appreciated, happy to post my APU specs, etc.

Savestates frequently break among different versions of the same core. Almost any change to the core’s emulated state will cause the old state to no longer make any valid sense.