[android] why does the savefiles isnt compatible at all?

Hi

I would like to know why any gamestate saved with RetroArch isn’t compatible with others emulators (not even the one whose core RetroArch uses). The same thing goes for the other way, RetroArch can’t load savestates saved from other emulators.

*savestate on windows snes9x >> tried to load on android RetroArch (snes9x and later snes9x_next core) = noluck *savestate on android RetroArch(snes9x and later snes9x_next core) >> tried to load on windows snes9x = noluck

note that had to rename the savestates back and forth because retroarch seems to have its own naming format ($rom_name.state"X")

So, why is that? It would be really nerdtopia if i could play my pokemon firered on my android, then load the same game on my pc when i got home, and so on

Well you can use RetroArch PC on your PC and problem solved

different emulators have different savestate formats. use SRAM saves instead (they’re always .srm on RetroArch, can vary between different emulators)

i know, but i thought it would work if im using the same core on android and windows

SRAM? what is it and how can i do it?

(ive also been busting my a** trying to figure out how to put the “-D” command on my retroarch.cfg file (that way i dont have to put the -D on every link to the exe)

The PC and Android cores can sometimes be slightly different (different optimizations) so the savestates won’t work between them.

SRAM files are always saved with a .srm extension. Normally they’re in the same folder as the ROM and have the same name.

fredsky: SRAM are in-game saves, not emulator saves, like the battery saves on NES/SNES games