Android Nightly discussion thread

Hi all ! Any news ? Retroarch is currently unusable on my device, it’s freezing after a few minutes, on all cores i tried (psx-rearmed, genesis, snesnext, …)

Yeah that’s what i found myself if you look a few post above, but only ‘null’ seems to work ok… but no sound. That’s strange because i remember i used retroarch quite a long time before (on the same device) : i finished SuperMetroid, and i played a lot Final Fantasy III with no crash or freeze. So maybe something has changed in the sound driver ?

THANK YOU SO MUCH RADIUS !!!

It seems to work, by increasing the audio latency (first you have to enable advanced settings in the menu setting, then in audio setting : i’ve increase the audio latency to 160)

The Ouya gamepad has detection problems in nightly (it works fine in 1.0.0.2), the menu button it doesn’t works (sometimes the rgui appears but is random) like the gamepad (buttons and analogics only), if I try to set the input manually disabling autoconfig off and bind all buttons, the pad and menu RA recognize them, but when load a Content if like there isn’t a control pad (nothing works in the pad), only works again with autoconfig ON but with the initial fail.

@Quickgold Have you tried loading some content, going into the in-game RGUI menu, setting autoconfig to ON and then binding all of your buttons? That’s the recommended path for the nightlies.

[QUOTE=hunterk;21544]@Quickgold Have you tried loading some content, going into the in-game RGUI menu, setting autoconfig to ON and then binding all of your buttons? That’s the recommended path for the nightlies.[/QUOTE]

I did but two things happened, the first time is like there isn’t a control pad, the second time I bind again all buttons and play (only menu button works sometimes) but when I bring back to the rgui the pad lost the settings and go back to AUTO again…

I can confirm this, happened to me too…

Same issue here tried everything mentioned in the thread. It doesnt save all the inputs after restarting the app. There also seems to be an issue with the config file as it seems to keep creating a new one even if I replaced the config file after manually editing it. Also the folder where it saves it seems to change randomly.

Ever since the 4/16 nightly RA stops responding as soon as i open it forcing me to close it. The 4/15 nightly still works fine for me. Is there anything that was changed that could be causing this? I’m using a blackberry z30 which is using the android 4.3 runtime.

Will you guys be adding the new Yabause build to github that has opengles 3.0 support? It works really fast now. Link: http://forums.yabause.org/index.php?topic=1323.msg13584#new

Is it a known bug on android that it doesn’t save any configuration about the input? Except that, it runs really well already but its a pain to set it up again everyday I start it :frowning:

mupen64plus 2.5 released, will this get implemented into RA soon?

@COMBO mupen64plus-libretro is a pretty substantial fork, so their updates won’t get included immediately like they would for some of the projects that follow upstream. However, m/any improvements worth grabbing can likely be backported, and probably will be at some point.

mupen64plus 2.5

CORE]

PIF challenge fix (Banjo Tooie)
Timing fixes related to CounterPerOp setting (various games)
EEPROM fixes (Donkey Kong saves)
Perfect Dark freeze fix
Notable performance improvement for the pure interpreter

[RSP]

JPEG task dispatching fix (Bottom of the 9th)
Musyx support in HLE (many games)
POLEF audio command implementation (fix PilotWings intro)
RESAMPLE_ZOH audio command implementation (fix 1080 audio test)
RESAMPLE_GE audio command implementation (fix GoldenEye "missing" sounds)
NAUDIO_14 audio command implementation (fix Conker Bad fur day sound effects)

Some of the new cores aren’t working at all (prosystem) or maybe they are incredibly difficult to configure (O2, mess, ume).

I’ve been testing nightlies every few days for a few months and have become proficient with the available UI. I have not attempted to manually modify config files yet.

Does anyone have these cores working with Android?

Will the gitMAME core work with artwork/bezels and audio samples? Mame4droid Reloaded does not.

Just FYI the FBA core is missing the “core input remapping options” menu

On last nighties (2015-05-02 and 2015-05-05) RetroArch closes instantly as soon as I load RGUI and press hardware X, B, A or Y button. This doesn’t happen with 2015-05-01.

Since 2015-04-27 nighty PCSX ReARMed crashes to RetroArch startup screen if content is loaded from RGUI. Load Content works fine from android GUI though.

Hello, there. Thanks for the amazing work on RA. I wanted to report that Ipega controller 9023 is not working OK with nightly releases. Google Play version works just fine, but each time I press the B button on nightlies it exits RA. I think this was a bug with previous versions.

I also have this problem with the 9023

What is the last version that worked with the 9023 ?