Applying Game Boy green shader makes every single core use that shader

I’ve tried applying a game boy shader to get the “green” effect, but when I do, it applies it to every single core/system.

I’ve tried just saving core overrides and I’ve tried saving current configuration. I can then go to each and every system and take the shader off, one by one, which would take forever, as I have over 50 systems and apply core overrides, but I’d rather find a way to just apply the shader to the one gameboy core.

I’ve made copies of the cores and renamed them for each system so I can apply different overlays, but it doesn’t seem to work for shaders, again, applying the shader preset to every core/system.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,

–Jason

When you set up the shader for the gameboy core, use ‘save core preset’. Then, in your main retroarch.cfg, find the line for ‘video_shader =’ and put the path to the appropriate ‘stock’ shader (i.e., stock.glsl if you’re using GLSL shaders, stock.slang if you’re using slang shaders, etc.).

I don’t use shaders on most other systems. Some of them I use crt geom but most don’t use shaders at all, so should that line be blank in the cfg file?

Thanks,

–J

I found a few lines with video_shader and the last one in the cfg at the bottom I changed to shaders/stock.glsl.

Now that loads as the default but still, when I change for Gameboy it applies it to all the other ones, too.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong here??

Are you using ‘save core preset’ from the shader menu?

Yes sir, I am. I’ve double checked.