Arcade Overlays

[QUOTE=BluAura;34491] The LB bringing up the XMB menu is my only minor issue.[/QUOTE]

If you use Notepad++ you can load all of the configs at once and do a “Replace all Opened Documents”. Just search for this line

input_menu_toggle_btn = “4”

Change then number 4 to the button number for Xbox Home. I have a Xbox one controller and use Home for Insert Coin, so I use shoulder button for quick menu access.

[QUOTE=John.Merrit;34510]If you use Notepad++ you can load all of the configs at once and do a “Replace all Opened Documents”. Just search for this line

input_menu_toggle_btn = “4”

Change then number 4 to the button number for Xbox Home. I have a Xbox one controller and use Home for Insert Coin, so I use shoulder button for quick menu access.[/QUOTE]

This worked perfect thanks. The default home button is “10”

For me insert coin is the Xbox select button. Toggle menu being the XBox home button so it doesn’t interfere with games like Street Fighter that use LB.

I’ll be watching this thread for updates if you’re planning more. :slight_smile:

These are great! I only wish you had a vertical mounted tv/monitor so they would be in portrait mode. If you don’t mind, maybe I could try to convert one.

Do you mean, you wish I had a REAL monitor that can rotate to portrait ? My monitor is BenQ RL series, so not able to rotate on it’s current stand. I would love to try some portrait overlays complete with Marquees and control panels. Problem is, I don’t have all the Marquees and control panel artwork, in decent quality, for all of my overlays.

I assume he mostly wants them for vertical games.

TVs are getting inexpensive. This is a 32" one.

Ahh, I see. I was thinking more along something like this.

Yes. Mamelay plus has quite a few like that…

Had a go at one of my favourite Megadrive games from Sega, Golden Axe.

Real Machine

My effort

Took a few liberties with the artwork, it just didn’t fit the screen without losing most of it. Moved the Sega logo down slightly, just to get a better effect.

Is it possible your effort looks better than the real thing? Yes!

A few more.

Outrun with a different cab.

All 4 Mortal Kombat Machines.

A few more

Last few.

1 Like

Brilliant. You got a download link? :slight_smile: Also… You mention 2 generic versions in your original post. Which are they? and can they be applied to any random MAME rom?

Man, this is amazing… I’d love to see this working on my 720p setup. I’ll try to adapt them, but tested them on 1080p and they really look amazing ! Great job and I hope we could get some more ! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Once we get some things nailed down with boxart, etc., we may want to get a “RetroArch Artwork” torrent going.

Thanks for the comments.

Just finished Williams’ Machines. Just 2 remaining, and these are rare for artwork. Mystic Marathon, and Splat. I believe MrDo on Mameworld has Mystic Marathon bezel art, but splat art is nowhere yet.

1 Like

Last few. Will upload everything later today.

Here are the overlays from above.

http://1drv.ms/1oNgn3h

Video

1 Like

For anyone still interested, I have been trying to make overlays for all the known Sega Arcade Machines. So far, these are finished.

Finished

A.B. Cop - Finished Ace Attacker - Finished Action Fighter - Finished Air Rescue - Finished Alex Kid - Finished Ali Baba and 40 Thieves - Finished Alien Storm - Finished Altered Beast - Finished Arabian Fight - Finished Block Gal - Finished Bloxeed - Finished Body Slam - Finished Bonanza Bros - Finished Borderline - Finished Burning Rival - Finished Champion Boxing - Finished Champion Pro Wrestling - Finished Choplifter - Finished Clutch Hitter - Finished Columns - Finished Commando - Finished Crack Down - Finished D.D. Crew - Finished Deep Scan - Finished Die Hard - Finished Dynamite Dux - Finished E-Swat - Finished Enduro Racer - Finished F1 Exhaust Note - Finished Fantasy Zone - Finished Fantasy Zone - Finished Flicky - Finished Future Spy - Finished Galaxy Force 2 - Finished Golden Axe - Finished Golden Axe The Revenge of Death Adder - Finished GP Rider - Finished Hammer Away - Finished Hang-On - Finished Hang-On Jr - Finished Heavyweight Champ - Finished Invinco - Finished Hopper Robo - Finished Monster Bash - Finished Mr Viking - Finished My Hero - Finished Outrun - Finished Outrun Cabinet 2 - Finished Outrun Cabinet 3 - Finished Pig Newton - Finished Racing Hero - Finished Razzmatazz - Finished Sinbad Mystery - Finished Sonic Boom - Finished Space Harrier - Finished Space Odyssey - Finished Space Position - Finished Space Trek - Finished Star Jacker - Finished Strike Fighter - Finished Super Hang-On - Finished Super Monaco GP - Finished Super Zaxxon - Finished Thunderblade Standup Cab - Finished Thunderblade Sitdown Cab - Finished Timescanner - Finished Tranquilizer Gun - Finished Turbo Outrun - Finished Yamato - Finished

Most of them, like some from the 90’s/early 2000’s used a standard Astro City machine, no bezel artwork. Some have no known pictures of the actual Cabs, while others have no known artwork/bezels.

To do,

005 - No known quality artwork exists. Digger - No known quality artwork exists. F1 Super Lap - not working in Retroarch

Pengo Pitfall 2 Power Drift Quartet Rad Mobile Rad Rally Scramble Spirits Shadow Dancer Shinobi Space Attack Space Fury Spatter - No Known Cab Turbo - LED Scores are in wrong location for overlay.

1 Like

I just made an account here to thank you for these! These overlays are so beautiful, I just installed all of them, im using them in combination with the Analog Shader Pack 2 by solid12345 and the games look so amazing now, its just so cool, thank you so much!