[Batch File] [MAME 0.210] Overrides / Shaders Presets - Vertical Games

Hi!

I made a batch file that multiplies the game config/preset file and renames the new files according to a list that contain the names of all vertical games (parents and clones).

Overrides

Download

1 - Download and place the MAME Overrides folder in drive C.
2 - Create an override for one game and copy the file to the MAME Overrides folder.
3 - Rename the file to x.
4 - Open the batch folder and run the file 1 (Makes copies of the x file to the renamed files folder).
5 - In the prompt, type 2892 (quantity of games/lines in the txt file) and press Enter.
6 - Run the file 2 (Renames the copies according to the names list).
7 - You now have all config files in the renamed files folder. Move them to the specific folder in RetroArch.

Shaders Presets

CG - Download

GLSL - Download

Slang - Download

1 - Download and place the MAME Shaders Presets folder in drive C.
2 - Create a shader preset for one game and copy the file to the MAME Shaders Presets folder.
3 - Rename the file to x.
4 - Open the batch folder and run the file 1 (Makes copies of the x file to the renamed files folder).
5 - In the prompt, type 2892 (quantity of games/lines in the txt file) and press Enter.
6 - Run the file 2 (Renames the copies according to the names list).
7 - You now have all presets files in the renamed files folder. Move them to the specific folder in RetroArch.

The list for vertical games was filtered and created by Emu Loader.

For MAME 0.210.

4 Likes

Very nice!

Is it correct to assume you are referring to the most current version of MAME?

I ask this because I want to point out for those who are using older cores that some romset names have changed over time and therefore this batch file will probably miss some games unless it is used on the same exact version of MAME where it originated.

The list was updated for MAME 0.210.

1 Like