Beetle PSX - Doom locks up on Loading screen

I can’t get past the initial loading screen in Doom on PS1. I tried changing various settings in the options with no luck. It just gets stuck on “Loading”.

maybe you are using the cd read speed up to 14x?

Nope. It’s set at the default 2x.

I can confirm this. Is a old bug, happens to me from months ago. With a redump image, and multiple configurations, even with and without bios loading.

Here is a video for doom in retroarch, note that in beetle-hw core the game has graphic glitches that makes it unplayable, it also has sound glitches with a cd read speed at 14x but at native 2x the sound is normal.

I have a psone console that bought from a cousin years ago, its chipped and came with some discs, doom was one of them and its the iso I was using during the video.

can we see some info of your cue/bin file ? Size? or maybe need a sbi file for copy protection?

the disc is a *coughbackupcough*, created the bin+cue with imgburn, no sbi file required.

size: 290,415,552 bytes
md5: c282953c79bf072ed832404ccedd2e3a
sha1: 99232261adc0cf7c479e3e3a8e27109b44f41aae

the cue says:
FILE "PSXDOOM.BIN" BINARY
   TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
     INDEX 01 00:00:00
   TRACK 02 AUDIO
     PREGAP 00:02:00
     INDEX 01 07:57:14
   TRACK 03 AUDIO
     INDEX 00 11:06:33
     INDEX 01 11:08:33
   TRACK 04 AUDIO
     INDEX 00 13:04:27
     INDEX 01 13:06:27
   TRACK 05 AUDIO
     INDEX 00 17:02:31
     INDEX 01 17:04:31
   TRACK 06 AUDIO
     INDEX 00 20:30:42
     INDEX 01 20:32:42
   TRACK 07 AUDIO
     INDEX 00 22:40:44
     INDEX 01 22:42:44
   TRACK 08 AUDIO
     INDEX 00 23:36:31
     INDEX 01 23:38:31

Well, I had a hunch and re-ripped my copy of Doom and now it gets past the loading screen. Something obviously got corrupt when I ripped it the first time. However, I can confirm the graphical glitches that @cuyo01 referenced above, but only when the render mode is set to OpenGL. The game works fine in software mode.

Used your Cue file and worked ok for me. Maybe the redump cue file is bad, or is emulator fault, i dont know. The game works perfect in software mode, i always use that mode for accuracy.

I know I’m pretty late to the party on this discussion but I found out why this is happening. It has nothing to do with the method it’s compiled or anything corrupted. What I noticed after using Daemon Tools to compile and mount the image and ImgBurn to convert, it was turning the .bin and .cue files all uppercase, INCLUDING the extension. I simply changed them from .BIN and .CUE to lowercase (typically by default with most applications) and Doom loaded right up. Hope this helps.