Beetle Saturn can't use rewind all of a sudden?

After running the core updater I was suddenly unable to run any Sega Saturn games, as they would just crash right before booting.

I ran the log and found this line: [ERROR] Implementation uses threaded audio. Cannot use rewind..

So I added this to my ‘Beetle Saturn.cfg’ rewind_enable = "false"

It now plays games again, but have been using the same core overrides for quite a long time and never had to add the disable rewind switch on Saturn. Of course, I can’t remember specifically using rewind in Sonic R or anything - so maybe it just never worked and this was ironed out to act the way it’s supposed to?

I know I’ve seen this behavior from other cores that don’t support rewind, but like I said Beetle Saturn has never given me this particular issue before so I thought it was very strange.

Hmm, I don’t know what would have changed, as beetle-saturn hasn’t had any updates of note (for worse or in this case better) in a long time.

That’s the impression I was under, that it hadn’t seen movement in a while. I tried checking out the other cores before I thought to do the log, and (just testing Sonic R) Kronos kept crashing on me once I got in game and YabaSanshiro had completely broken graphics.

I haven’t tested Yabause yet at all, but it’s pretty outdated too isn’t it?

I’m actually going through all my cores at the moment, so I’m keeping an eye out for this popping up on any others.

I think Yabause is fully superseded by Kronos and YabaSanshiro, yeah.

1 Like