Cannot select udev joypad driver - no rumble (Fedora)

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find out how to enable rumble with my controller. I found that documentation : http://docs.libretro.com/guides/input-joypad-drivers/ and it seems that the only compatible drivers are :

• Sdl2
  • udev
  • xinput

Sdl2 has some issues in my case (not all of the buttons of my controller seem to be recognized, buggy) so I would like to try udev (as it seems to be the best solution) or even xinput, but they are not listed in retroarch.
Does anyone know how to make it work ?
I am on Fedora 27 and I don’t find the packages libudev or libxkbdcommon using dnf, any ideas ?

Additional information :

• following the recommendation of the documentation linked above, I added the group “input” to my user account and edited /etc/udev/rules.d/99-evdev.rules (was complitely empty originaly, is that normal ?) to add : KERNEL==“event*”, NAME=“input/%k”, MODE=“666”
  • I found this topic : Compilation error retroarch 1.4 on fedora 25 and tried “dnf install systemd-devel”, though I’m don’t really understand the point.
  • I tried with a version built from source (git-hub), a flatpak version and even a snap version (with this 3rd option, udev was listed, for once, but made retroarch to crash)
  • the only driver option that currently works quite correctly with my controller is linuxraw (but no rumble). Other options available are : partport, sdl2, hid or null. But none of them work (even though Sdl2 at least recognizes the controller, but can’t bind the right analog right and left for some reason)
  • Retroarch version : 1.7.0, Fedora 27

Any help would be great :slight_smile: Thanks