Castlevania SOTN issue with Beetle HW (Video of Issue)

Ignore the slow FPS, used FRAPs to record and it killed my FPS but as you can see, the candle is flickering and it has has a stray pixel. Only have the issue with Beetle HW. No option seems to affect it. What could be the cause?

I remember having this issue in ePSXe. I can’t help you or give you any information about the issue but can i ask, why not use the regular Beetle PSX for this particular game? As far as i know it’s all 2D sprites so i don’t see any benefits using the HW core. And i know the regular version doesn’t have any issues.

Thanks for the reply. Your right, the Beetle SW code works perfect. SOTN does have some 3D elements that look real nice with the 4x internal render boost and while my 7700k can handle it the emulation box I’m kinda planning wouldn’t be able to without hardwear acceleration. Since I already beat SOTN a billion times it’s not a big issue at all but I still wonder why the issue is popping up. Beetle HW is supposed to be a carbon copy of Beetle SW so I’m curious as to how this issue popped up.

Weird stuff happens sometimes with sprites and internal res boosts. This seems to be one of them. You can try boosting the internal res with the software renderer and see if it acts the same.

It will do it at native eternal render.