Citra - How to change language

Hello everyone! :grin: I’m new here (although I’m used to the forums), I’ll try to respect the rules and the atmosphere!

Here’s my topic:

I searched a lot on the net, I can’t find how to change the language of a 3DS game in RetroArch using Citra.

For example:

• I launch the ROM “Metroid - Samus Returns (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Nl)” -The ROM is “(Europe)” so the game runs by default in English. However I would like to play it in French (I’m French). -> How can I setup this please?

On the internet I have found :

• Explanations to change the language in the Citra emulator (the real emulator, not the core for RetroArch).
  • Explanations for changing the region in RetroArch -> But no explanation for changing the language in RetroArch.

Thank you very much in advance!

Beautiful day to all! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I had the same problem, because I wanted to play a 3ds game in French (I’m also French) because the ROM was an European version (En, Fr, De, Es, It, Ni).

To change the language :slight_smile:

• make sure no game is running on Citra
  • go to Emulation> Configure> System
  • in System change the language to French and the country to France.

Now it should work.

I hope I helped you,

Auguste

Hi! Thank you very much for your answer!

In the meantime I finally bought a New Nintendo 2DS XL, because the 3DS emulation (especially the Metroid Samus Return one) was still a bit laggy, which bothered me a lot as I prefer it to be “perfect”.

But this solution will surely help others ! :wink:

Have a nice day and a good life!