Hi I am still trying to get my own android cores compiled. I managed to get a basic bit of info from the documentation (thanks to those on github). If successful, I want to write up a thorough guide for this and also supply split cores for bezel purposes).
Tried cross-compiling from windows - cygwin and msys2 - absolute mare! Went for the virtualbox ubuntu for compiling purposes - better
Here is where I am right now.
installed sdk - check
Installed ndk (r15c and tried r10e) - check went 32bit
set paths to sdk and ndk - check
set paths to ANDROID_HOME and JAVA_HOME (not sure if needed but done) - check - using openjava
cloned libretro-super - check
If I now run ./libretro-build-android-mk.sh - off it goes compiling and creating dist fold with android sub folder (plus info and unix). Inside android subfolder
arm64-v8a - blank no contents
armeabi - cores eg 4do_libretro_android.so
armeabi-v7a - cores eg 4do_libretro_android.so
armeabi-v7a-neon - cores eg 4do_libretro_android.so
x86 - cores eg 4do_libretro_android.so
My retroarch is one from the google play store for the Nvidia Shield and as the buildbot address in the cfg was for armeabi-v7a, I assumed it was these cores i needed.
If i copy them across to my rooted shield in the correct core folder I either get one of 2 things (tried both with and without info file as precompiled cores still load without just showing full core filename instead of .info name)
Unmodified core (as in left libretro cpp alone) goto load cores, select core and still says no core loaded. Change core (rename core name in library of libretro cpp) - retroarch not responding.
I have tried all the other cores and get retroarch crash when i try to enter the load cores menu.
Sorry for the rambling. If anyone could shed any light on this then that would be fantastic.