Controller autoconfig doesn't work right

So my use case is that I’ve got two bluetooth controllers: one has a nintendo set up (B on the bottom, A on the right, etc) and one has an xbox layout (A on the bottom, B on the right)

When I connect one of the controllers to my phone and then enter Retroarch, it’s fine. Everything works the way it should. If I connect the other controller instead then enter RA again, RA applies the same configuration of the previous controller (meaning A is B, B is A, etc). I can remap the controller and save the autoconfig, but then the other controller is wrong!

I though the autoconfig remap was per-controller, according to name and id, but it looks like the autoconfig on my RA applies to every controller.

Can anyone help my with this? I tries searching the auto config files to change them manually, but couldn’t find them.

I just posted yesterday about what I think might be the same problem. I have a number of Retro Power controllers (NES, SNES, N64, etc) and see the same thing happen when I switch the type of controller I plug in. When I look at the logs, RA is detecting the controller type correctly, says it’s selecting the correct autoconfig, but then the button mappings in the menu reflect the previously connected controller and not what is in the autoconfig file.

Well, we can’t both be insane right? Still wondering if it’s a bug or intended behavior.

Never say never! Here’s a link to my post in case anyone responds:

Any news on this? Is this a confirmed bug?