Core and Feature Requests

Yeah, it’s probably not included yet.

I think I made a post somewhere about this, but this is probably a more appropriate place. The Virtual Jaguar core is missing some of the keypad controls as it only goes up to #6. It presents a particularly interesting play problem as games can rely on those buttons to function. For example the Map in Alien vs. Predator is #8.

More so, the 7, 8, and 9 inputs are the Z, X, Y buttons on a pro controller. L & R are 4 & 6, so those work.

tl;dr 7, 8, 9, 0, #, and * are missing from Virtual Jaguar’s input options.

I would love it if someone could help and add soft patching to the Genesis Plus GX core. It would be a godsend to me and many other users: https://github.com/libretro/Genesis-Plus-GX/issues/54

Maybe an auto centering feature. It’s be selectable of course.

It’s purpose would be to keep the output centered in the window, while you are messing with cropping and other scaling. So you don’t have to figure out what is centered after resizing the output of some games. (Zooming in on SOTN to get rid of the giant borders, for example.)

I’m trying to run Amiga CD32 games and even using the standalone emulators i’m still having issues. That is, some games ask me things like “instert disk 1” as if it thinks it’s the stock Amiga 1200 or something.

The Amiga CD32 should be a plug & play console, not a fiddly computer. There needs to be a way to emulate this in RetroArch.

2 Likes

It’s been a long time since Retroarch made it possible for users to use shaders alongside overlays, I understand overlays were primarily meant to be used as touch buttons and functions, but it’s undeniable it’s used mostly for aesthetically purposes in general. Following instructions from another topic I was able to create a configuration that allows me to change overlays on the fly with any button/hotkey I choose, but it would need some tweaks to make it work better:

While changing the overlay on the fly, it will keep the resolution/aspect I choose under the video settings, thus, some overlays will cover the game screen:

There must be better solutions, the way it works now is basically adding the PNGs inside the same config file, but it would interesting if instead, it would actually change to the next config file, so it would load both the overlay.png and its video coordinates and possibly even shaders. Is is possible to add to Retroarch? It would be nice!

3 Likes

I second Amiga CD32 as well, would love a straight-forward core for this in RetroArch. That being said, I don’t know that there’s any variant of a stand-alone emulator that handle Amiga CD32 in the same fashion as other console emulation. At least, the ones I have tried out all handle it as a variant of the Amiga computer.

1 Like

In Retroarch, if I want to show hidden files when I’m browsing files and folders, I have to change show_hidden_files = “false” to show_hidden_files = “true” in retroarch.cfg ; why isn’t there an option to do it directly from Retroarch ?

1 Like

Same thing for shaders, why do I have to manually edit video_shader_enable = “false” to video_shader_enable = “true” in order to get shaders loaded globally ?

@Tromzy : In “Load Content” there is a settings option on the bottom with “Show Hidden Files and Folders”

2 Likes

Oh wow, that was pretty hidden ! Thanks a lot !

As for the shader question, maybe this gives you an answer https://forums.libretro.com/t/solved-latest-update-resets-shaders-for-every-game-on-every-restart/23881

sonninnos and rsn8887b made some very important improvements to C64 & Amiga Core. i would love to see they do some improvements on the AmigaCD32 Emulation, too. :slight_smile:

Never managed to make the Amiga core to run. So i was thinking about a CD32 only core, without everything else so it’s easier to run based on the fact that the real CD32 is a plug n play console.

2 Likes

I want to second these requests, specially the ones about controls (Neo-Geo fighting games anyone?).

1 Like

Would it be possible to add a “gap” option to the MelonDS core similar to DesMumE? It be great with overlays and such.

• video-glide64mk2:

• Implement the optional frameskip function, which releases frames instead of rendering if the game is slow

I would like that option enabled please

2 Likes

What the Chances of using the Mouse for Lightgun Use?

A OpenBOR-core would be nice!

3 Likes

It was the latest version of Dreamcast Emulcast flycast, but the forced save load was used with the ex-actress trigger button. We changed the ex-spoke bumper key to save slot and used the old decar LR key to the right stick. The left and right sides are good, but the trigger is good at the same time. The key and the save rod are pressed together. What do we do to solve this?