Core and Feature Requests

It’s split in different exes, kinda like Vice I suppose.

1 Like

Hello!!! Any plans to make a HW vulkan render for Beetle’s Saturn core (like the PSX core)? Thanks!!

Is it possible to port XQEMU, an emulator of XBOX?

mGBA have a Linking Feature like the Windows Version has

why on official site of retro arch why it downloads asian version of retro why not english i dont even live in asian country why asian help me to fix this problem i dont how to create topics pls help me

I wish there was a more streamlined and very-easy-to-use Core for AmigaCD32 Console .

i wonder this core plays pre-scanned CD-Images just fine, without the complex configuration system all the other (universal-)amiga cores are using.

the idea is:

-simply put the necessary kickroms (Amiga BIOS images) in the correct directories

-scan Folder with your CD Images

-select a game from your Playlist and play

…just like any other core for CD-based consoles already can do.

I know, that the games for that particular system are not that great, but maybe such a core can be little bit better than nothing, for people who want to play at least some amiga games, but have no clue about using a amiga computer setup and emulating it…

2 Likes

I second the Amiga CD32 core.

It would be great if there was a core that treats it like the actual console, being plug & play, without all the complex configurations the UAE core needs (i still haven’t managed to run Amiga 500 games with that one).

2 Likes

Is it possible to add how fast the Neo Geo Load Screen goes for or even get rid of it all together.

NeoRaine does that.

For FBNEO

I’d love to see an Amiga CD32 core. I spent a lot of time tracking down a complete set of that system, but I could never get WinUAE, FSUAE, PUAE, or anything to run things properly. Amiga emulation is as bad, if not worse, than trying to run MAME setups IMO. A core set to just run these discs would be AMAZING.

1 Like

I’m all for better Amiga/Amiga CD32 emulation in RetroArch

1 Like

MAME isn’t any more difficult than any other emulator. You point the emulator to your rom folder and then play video games.

there are some other important points about using mame-core (most of them are similar to using a stand-anlone mame)

1. maybe you need to “update/rebuild” the roms to match the current mame-version at first (btw: you can only use “splitted” or “non-merged” sets for using with RA/Lakka).

2. you need to create a Playlist on your own (afaik the RA-Scanner do only work for MAME2003 Sets). Here the Playlistbuddy can help you… RetroArch Playlist Buddy - Playlist and thumbnail generation app

and don’t forget about setting up follwoing things…

1. CHDs (some games needs additional HDD-Images)

2. Samples (some games needs additional Audio-samples)

3. Artworks (some games needs additional “Background Overlays”)

Overall the FBA/FBNeo Core seems more well intergrated in RA (and it includes some very usefull quick-menu fetueres like Controller-Remaping) but the Mamecores are really not bad to use !!!

1 Like

i wonder there was a switch in the core-options for the input-style [modern and classic] on several cores. I think this can be very usefull especially for Genesis Plus GX , PicoDrive and BeetleSGX/BeetlePCE but other core can benefit too! because such a feature could help to provide “6-Button Controller” (f.e. the Mega Drive and Saturn Pad) or an Arcade Stick without need for remapping the controller.

very similarly to the FBA/FBNeo Feature:

• Classic : it will apply the original neogeo cd “square” mapping in neogeo games, and use L/R as 5th and 6th button for 6 buttons games like Street Fighter II.

• Modern : it will apply the King of fighters mapping from Playstation 1 and above in neogeo fighting games, and it will use R1/R2 as 5th and 6th button for 6 buttons games like Street Fighter II (for the same reason as the neogeo games), this is really convenient for most arcade sticks.

I love what the FBNeo designer did here. With 2 diffenrent input-sheme in mind - this is allready done very well for Capcom Fighting Games and the Neo-Geo Stuff and as it is, its simply great to have such a feature if you use different types of controller …

For example P1 has a SNES/PS-Style pad and P2 can use a madcatz arcade stick or 6 button MD/Genesis pad by only selecting the matching “controller-layout” in the core input options)

You can’t just throw any MAME ROM at any version of MAME. You gotta make sure you have the right version - you gotta know if it’s split, merged, non-merged. What’s your MAME version? Hope your ROMs match that.

It’s a massive headache because even if you think you’ve gotten it right - some games aren’t gonna work in your version because one factor was off. If MAME was the same as any other core, you wouldn’t have to micro-manage the absolutely massive romset.

To clarify my original statement, Amiga doesn’t work that way - but trying to just configure the emulators for Amiga require nothing short of a training seminar to understand what you are doing. So, in that vein I’m saying it’s “As complicated” because, like MAME, and unlike every other emulator - it’s not just load your ROM and go, no worries.

Yeah, I would like to see MAME 2010, 2015 and 2016 implemented for PSX Classic, having made a favorite set for 2016 which plays all the ROMs.

High Resolution mode7 in snes9x, mgba, vbam, higan, bsnes, mesen-s

1 Like

I was literally just playing Mario Kart not 10 minutes ago and thinking about this new feature. Even just double res for these maps would be cool. I’m very interested in seeing what they look like when pushing it out to CRT resolutions.

2 Likes
  1. Sega Model 2 Sega Model 3/Supermodel ,it’s the missing link the huge gap in retroarch
  2. Openbor will add a lot of games to retroarch …a proper libretro openbor,the guys at openbor are great with games but bad with controller schemes…a retroarch port of openbor with retroarch controller schemes would be perfection…not to mention the video scaling,overlays and all the things libretro would improve…it would breathe new life into openbor
5 Likes

Is there any chance someone can compile a more current MAME core version for android (.212 would be nice). The current one for arm7 appears to be .197 Im mainly asking because I want to use it for apple II emulation as emulation for that on android appears to be lacking.

We haven’t been able to get it to compile for Android. It has to generate some files during compilation but we can’t get that to work correctly.