Core and Feature Requests

I still see a bunch of libretro builds here: https://github.com/stenzek/duckstation/releases/tag/latest

Can you use the image adjust shader to crop the 8 overscan pixels on the left side of SMS games?

@hunterk I was so desperate that I didn’t pay attention to that, sorry. I’ve already tested the downsample and it looks beautiful! It has two modes: one for the whole screen and another that preserves 3d elements.

1 Like

I can, and I can also set that as a content-directory shader as well. The problem there though is that as soon as I switch to another preset the content-directory preset falls out of the next/previous rotation of shader presets. On top of that, anytime I decide to change something in my over-all default shader, I have to make, and save, that alteration to SMS’s specfic preset as well.

If possible I’d rather just use the core that renders the games, for lack of a better term, ‘correctly’, than go through all the trouble. Of course that just leads me back to SMS Plus GX accepting BIOS but not using a boot screen. I know I’m more adamant about boot screens than most, but I honestly feel like boot screens are almost as important as running the games themselves.

The idea of playing Dreamcast, or Gamecube, or PlayStation (or ANY console really) without those screens playing before the game is about as appetizing as eating a bowl of cereal without milk on it. There’s nothing ‘wrong’ with it per say… but it’s just not the same lol

1 Like

Hello and Happy New Year everybody. Can you port eka2L1, a Symbian OS emulator, to libretro please, for N-Gage emulation?

2 Likes

I have a request: can someone port the GBA colour correction option from vba-M to vba-Next?

Currently, vba-Next seems to be the best option on PSVita retroarch for emulating Golden Sun, but it lacks that colour correction option, and the Vita builds of Retroarch don’t currently support external shaders.

I have a request: can someone create core for PSP to run Violent Storm Game, Game package is viostorm.zip, not working with currently available mame 2003 and mame 2003 plus core, or can you describe how it can be work by any modification … Thanks.

I’m curious about the likelyhood of “Xemu” (rather than it’s predecessor XQEMU) receiving a libretro core. It’s shockingly comprehensive, given it was only recently that Xbox emulation wasn’t much of a ‘thing’.

I haven’t found any mention of it, and I’m wondering if maybe it would be worth creating a bounty for? Considering we now have Dreamcast, Gamecube, and PS2 playable in some form in RetroArch, it would be cool to finish out the 6th generation.

If it’s do-able I’m willing to start a bounty by throwing 50$ at it.

1 Like

More cores for OpenDingux Beta please, preferably fbneo or mednafen-supergrafx

If possible I will be extremely grateful:

FBalpha2012:

Currently, on Android, the core breaks when running sfiii and its variants. The game loads normaly, you can go into to setup menu and change everything (level, handicap, etc.) but, after you choose you characterm when the “?” rotate to show you your first adversy, the retroarch closes.

Using DEBUG, the log stops abruptly with the following message:

SND Attempt to write long value 230000 to location 240e0210 SND Attempt to write long value 230000 to location 240e0210 SND Attempt to write long value 230000 to location 240e0210

The problem doesn’t happen if I use the stand alone core, fbalpha2012_cps3.

An old version of the core, fa97cd2, a commit of 02/29/2020, runs the sfiii and clones normaly.

I tested on:

System: DEVICE: OUYA OS: Android Jelly Beam Version: 4.1 Retroarch release: 1.9.1 32 bits

System: DEVICE: Xiaomi Mi Pad 7.9 OS: Android Nougat Version: 7.1.2 Retroarch release: 1.9.1 32 bits

Multi monitor support for games pls

First of all, I want to apologize for my English, and also because I may be being stupid about how Libretro works. I would like to suggest the following:

A libretro core that takes data from what is being displayed on the screen, something like a core with only a window function. The program or game is executed normally by the PC, but only the window is displayed in RetroArch, and enabling adjustments to the core settings, such as window resolution and aspect ratio. Perhaps creating a file inside the executable folder was necessary for the core to work.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the intention is to use shaders in games that cannot be emulated by the cores and that are not ports for the libretro.

I know that there is the core ‘’ Video processor ‘’ (V4L2), but if I’m not mistaken, it only works on Linux, and I would need a capture device to work.

2 Likes

That would be great, if possible.

1 Like

If it needs one of those video capture cards I found one on Amazon for about $20 (14.37 GBP). I know for my RPI4 that it may not support the recording feature due to its hardware limitations but that small handy usb capture card is able to get some recording done with OBS Studio.

1 Like

@Joystick2600 Ah yes the price seems good. But I may not have expressed myself as I should have. I want to use real-time shaders, like an upscaling device does. However, I think crt shaders like guest-dr-venom-advanced or scalefx would be heavy using a Raspberry with V4L2 running. However, I think on the PC it would be great if the game was run normally on the Windows PC, and the image was shown on RetroArch (as if the RA were an upscaler receiver within Windows). I am willing to make a donation of 50 dollars if a core with this function is possible.

@Red-gehog not sure if this core moonlight-libretro can fit your use case.

1 Like

Neko Project II Kai request

Be able to change font file within the emulator.

I know there is seriously little demand for this feature and for PC98 in general, but I’m hoping that there is a solution for this seeing as the feature is already built in to the emulator. Just need to work on Retroarch.

So PC-98 is mainly known for text based visual novel games, or at least these are the games that people still want to emulate PC98 for, and since all of them are in Japanese there are a bunch of fan translated patches.

The emulator uses a ‘font.bmp’ file and you need to swap the font file to use some of these patches. And in Neko Project II standalone, you can go to Emulate>Font to easily change the font file. However in Retroarch the “Font” setting is greyed out. And on Switch cfw which is where I really want to play these games, the “Emulate” menu doesn’t even appear for some reason. It just shows the other menu options like FDD1, FDD2…etc.

I know this is a longshot but is there any way to work around this within Retroarch or have it fixed?

I refer to a core that acts similarly to ReShade, I don’t know if Moonlight would work on Windows, but I was interested, as it seems a much better option for me than the V4L2 core. I know there are RetroArch shader ports for ReShade, but the crt and upscaling shaders are better in RA. ReShade only serves me when I need AO or GI.

1 Like

Overlay support for Opendinux versions

NES “NN Nester J 0.23” Japanese and English OK

https://web.archive.org/web/20061117113834/http://www.emulation9.com/nnnesterj/

NES “VirtuaNES” http://virtuanes.s1.xrea.com/ Please.

1 Like