Core and Feature Requests

You sure about AetherSX2 being closed-source? The license is GPLv3.

EDIT: Ok, I found the info that indeed only PCSX2 portions of the code can be made available, and not the Android-related stuff. So I guess it’s a no-go :pensive:

We don’t have any need/interest in the java stuff, thankfully, just the dynarecs, which I would very much expect to be covered by the LGPL (that is, I don’t know of any way for something as low-level and in-the-guts as a dynarec to be able to be isolated from the existing LGPL processes) but to my knowledge none of that has been released yet. Anyone with a binary should be able to request the LGPL stuff right now, though. Those license stipulations go into effect the moment a binary is distributed. But that’s none of my business, since I’m not a PCSX2 rightsholder.

I’m not sure what the GPLv3 license is there for (or the entire repo for that matter). I guess just a placeholder.

2 Likes

Hi

I was asking on batocera forum, but they redirected me here:

1. Can we have proper implementation for variable refresh rate (like gsync and freesync) for mame current core in linux (for batocera)? Currently proper variable refresh rate works smoothly only in windows version of mame current libretero core, or linux version of mame 2010 core.
  2. Can we implement trackball support (like ultimarc Utrak via usb) in mame current core in linux (batocera)? Right now it is working only as a cursor in menu.

VRR should work when “enable throttle” is ON in the core options. Is that not the case for you?

2 Likes

Thank you hunterk. I was losing my hope, but after turning on throttle gsync work flawlessly in batocera! Do you know if there is any option to use ultimarc trackball in batocera mame current?

2 Likes

That I’m not sure about. You say it works as a mouse in the menu but not in the game? does it help if you press F11 to enable mouse-capture?

It works, I had to change mouse controller in general control settings in retroarch to ultimarc. Where can I increase mouse/trackball sensitivity in mame? I also noticed that mame current is not switching scanlines in vertical games to vertical position, can I change it anywhere? In mame core 2010 it works properly

You should be able to change sensitivity in the MAME OSD / “tab” menu. If you press “scroll lock”, it will put you in “game focus mode”, which passes all inputs directly to the core (i.e., so keyboard hotkeys conflicts don’t occur), then you can navigate MAME’s menus just like you would with standalone MAME.

As for the scanlines, AFAIK, we don’t have any way for the core to communicate to the frontend that it’s actually rotated and not just skinny. Unfortunately, the libretro-ization of MAME-current is very naive so as to not interfere with keeping the core updated, whereas the older forks have had somewhat deeper integration.

FBNeo, in contrast, has a very deep and feature-filled integration and can handle things like rotation and button labels (in the controls menu), etc. much more effectively.

Citra is the 3DS Core

Would love a Core that Could run Windows 3.1 up to Windows XP

1 Like

Button Macros would be great. For example pressing on the real controller two buttons will trigger a virtual joypad button.

plus microphone, camera support for input devices

I don’t think Citra is on android https://www.reddit.com/r/RetroArch/comments/hvod00/citra_3ds_core/

This is something a lot of people requested for years now. At least FBneo features simple macros as a lot of NEO GEO games use 2 or 3 buttons combined . Some SMS, GB, GBC, NES, Gen/MD and GBA games would also benefit from it.

1 Like

does anyone know if it is possible to associate certain controllers with different cores, and how to do that if it is possible? I am using lakka (the OS) and I bought a gamecube to usb controller and a snes to usb controller. They both work fine, but I was wondering if its possible to have the snes controller be in control when i launch snes games, and the gamecube controller to be in control when i launch gamecube games. That would make it so much easier because then i wouldnt have to unplug the snes controller everytime i want to play a gamecube game and vice versa.

not in any straightforward manner. There are things you can do with overrides and disabled autoconfiguration, but I think it’s more of a hassle than just plugging in the appropriate pad when needed.

1 Like

Not well in my experience although there may be a solution out there. I have a Bluetooth Gamecube controller and an Xbox One controller. I use the standalone version of Dolphin. Standalone Dolphin’s controller options allow me to use both the Gamecube and Xbox controller for Gamecube games.

Assigning additional controllers to players/cores in this way would be my number one feature request. It’s literally the only reason I use standalone Dolphin over the Dolphin core.

1 Like

Has anyone ever brought up the idea of a Commander Genius core? The developer has said, although he doesn’t have the time to do it himself, he would be willing to help port it.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Is a Supermodel Libretro port still being pursued? DirtBagXon has done some wonderful work with getting the standalone version of that emulator set up specifically for Sinden Lightgun users on ARM:

The emulator generally works well on a Raspberry Pi 4B with a few caveats. Resizing the game screen appropriately is difficult, and the standalone emulator’s multi-mouse input mode (for dual lightguns) is a Windows-specific feature. These issues could likely be solved with Libretro’s input and video code.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is possible or if it is even the correct solution: Dreamcast overclock? Sega Rally 2 has a 60 fps mode but it still slows down. I don’t know how this mode is implemented but if it is limited by the DC’s power, an OC mode would be welcomed.

In other words, it would be nice if we could overclock Flycast.

no, the guy who started it got stuck pretty early on. Someone else would need to take a stab at it.

1 Like