Core mame 2000

I downloaded the latest version of retroarch from googleplay on my tvbox but it doesn’t have the mame 2000 core (037b5) how do I add this core to my retroarch?

I recommend skipping the version from the Play Store, which is 2+ yrs out of date by now, since Google won’t allow us to update it (due to their requirement that all apps support their “scoped storage” API). You’re much better off loading the apk from our website or, if you want/need automatic updates, you can use the build from F-Droid (it only comes with a small number of assets by default, so if you use this one make sure you update the assets, overlays, etc. as soon as you launch it) or one from any of the non-Google-controlled app stores that we have a presence on, such as Samsung’s Android store, LG’s or Amazon’s.

That core should show up just fine in any of those other builds, since the Play Store version also has access to a smaller number of (also outdated) cores (also due to Google’s nonsense).

2 Likes

Thank you I will make your recommendation

Is it possible to add Mame 2000 Core inside Emuelec 4.6 for tvboxes? emuelec uses retroarch, the emuelec developers say that it is not possible to run mame 2000 only from mame 2003 onwards but retroarch is the emulator system for emuelec 4.6

We don’t have any control over what the EmuElec folks choose to include, but I don’t know of any reason why that core couldn’t be included. :man_shrugging:

Is the addition of this Mame 2000 core done inside the retroarch folders or inside the emuelec folders? I don’t understand and I would like to add mame 2000 core

LibreElec is usually set up with a lot of locations marked read-only, but if the libretro core directory is read+write, you could put a core in there manually. However, we don’t make official builds for generic ARM linux, so you’d have to source the core lib elsewhere (e.g., here: https://github.com/christianhaitian/retroarch-cores)

I don’t know which folder in Emuelec 4.6 I put Core Mame 2000 core

If you go into RetroArch’s menu and go to settings > directory, it will list all of the directories it’s using.

@retrogamer87 FYI, mame2000 is the arcade core with the most bugs and the smallest compatibility list, you should probably consider using another core if your tvbox is less than 10 years old.

If you are confused about the differences between arcade cores, i recommend reading the arcade documentation.

1 Like

mame 2000 is a fullset of my personal taste because I have the fullset recorded on dvd, mame 2003 is not the size of a dvd disc

Well, there might not be much benefits anyway from replacing a 23 years old emulator by a 20 years old one.

As for having a set that can fit a dvd, 1G1R sets are probably an option.

Anyway, my point was simply to inform you that those old emulators can’t run many games properly, since some users seem to be unaware of this.

1 Like

What link download 1g1r fullset mame dvd size?

We can’t help you with sourcing ROMs.

What name i searched