Couldn't find bsnes HD on RetroArch for Nvidia Shield(Android version)

Hi everyone! First, thank you for the awesome work you’re doing with RetroArch/libretro.

Second, I’ve just bought an Nvidia Shield TV and installed the latest versions of RetroArch (1.8.1) to run the bsnes HD (with HD mode 7) but I couldn’t find it on my list of cores.

I tried updating the list, reinstall RetroArch, update every option possible… but no success until now.

I also tried looking for an answer on this forum, google… no success. Seems no one had this problem but me.

I’m out of ideas. Anyone has some idea of how I can do the bsnes HD show up on my list, manually install it on RetroArch or maybe how I can use an SNES emulator with HD mode on RetroArch?

It’s called just plain ol’ “bsnes” without the HD. Just a warning, though: the Shield doesn’t have enough CPU power to do HD mode 7. At 2x scale, it hovers around 45 FPS. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for answer hunterk!

Good to know I’m already using the correct version of the emulator.

About the CPU power, the roms are running flawless and with no lag. Como posso saber se estou rodando no modo HD? Do I have to set some config after downloading the bsnes core or it already runs the HD mode by default?

On Configs -> Video Filters -> I set the Super2xSal, SuperEagle, Scale2x, Scanline2x, Normal2x, LQ2x, 2xBR and 2xSal filters but couldn’t see any difference. Is any of this filters the one for HD mode?

HD mode 7 is enabled in the quick menu > options. You can set a scale multiplier there.

The video filters are unrelated.

Thank you again, @hunterk!

1 Like