Crisis in the Kremlin. Error with installation and native saves. PURE

Yes I Did as I they are Different Issues.

Did that from the Save File and Still same thing Happening with mouse

Video Showing what Happens:

Okay I will. Just thought you not allowed to say where you get stuff as could be seen as Piracy

I’m not sure I understand, is the bug that the mouse disappears?
If so, the game is like that, it changes focus to see the message and then comes back.

1 Like

Yes it is. Mouse just Disappears and can’t go any further in Game.

Here is the Save File:

The saves are related to the configuration, they are not the same as those of a console. And I’m seeing in that save that you have two installations, that usually gives errors.

The game works, I have seen several videos on youtube with DOSBox and I started to play it and all of them go beyond years without any problem.

When you receive a fax or a message, the mouse disappears, changes focus and then returns, this is normal.

The mistake you make when the year changesis probably in the configuration you have.

Try first resetting PURE and reset the PURE options in “Core Options » Manage Core Options”. Start the game and load the saved game, if it works fine, it was the Core configuration, don’t do anything else.

If it doesn’t work, you have to delete everything and start from scratch. Reset the PURE options and delete the saves and states you have from that game.

The game…

• Get a pre-installed one, there are many on the internet.
  • Or take the installed files from the eXo you already have, as follows.
    Enter the folder “crisiskr / KREMLIN”. delete the run.bat and the folders that say mt32 and sb16 (they are unnecessary DOSBox settings). Compress all those files in a “Crisis in the Kremlin (1992).zip”. You are left with something like this.

You can now run the game normally and it should work perfectly. Note that when you have a single executable “CRISIS.EXE” Pure starts automatically.

Avoid pre-compiles such as eXo in PURE.

1 Like

Yes but after the last 1 before the End of Year when New Year Thing Comes up does not come back

I will give that a Go Shortly and Report what Happens

Update:

Tried it and sadly same Issue.

Works fine with Save States what I seen just is using the Save File it seems not to like. Happens at each years End and Lose the Mouse in the Game

1 Like

Have you ever played the game in real; DOS? I’m beginning to wonder if this is expected behavior and we are missing something. Perhaps the game is expecting some kind of input from the player?

1 Like

No I have not.

Don’t have a Computer that can Run Dos

When I load up crisis.exe on Dosbox-x that Program just Crashes

Update:

Tried Normal Dosbox thru D-Fend Reload and still hae same issue

I did the test with the game’s saved games and it gives error, the same error as you. We already discarded the configuration, that can be a program error.

This type of error was commonly fixed with a patch, in my first search I didn’t get it, but I realized that I searched as “Crisis at the Kremlin”, (so is the damaged floppy images) and the game is called “Crisis in the Kremlin”.

Good news, I got the official patch that fixes this problem and some others.

The README2.TXT file explains how to install and what it does. We just need to copy PATCH.EXE and PATCH.RTP, in the game directory, that is, next to CRISIS.EXE and run PATCH.EXE.

2 Likes

I patched it and Yes it does seem to work now.

Thanks @alexb3d for Finding and Linking the Patch

So we can Conclude then the Issue was in the Release of the Game but guess they found the Issue and fixed it with the Patch

Thanks @alexb3d and @Duimon for the Help

2 Likes

Thanks to you David. I’m going to change the title to something more appropriate and please don’t close the reports in Github, I got a couple of details and I would like to report them in those same ones because they are related.

By the way, if you really like the game, on this site you have a lot of information and context, the manuals and also a couple of unofficial expansions.

2 Likes

My Pleasure and that is Fine.

I won’t close the Dosbox Pure Issues

Thanks Mate for the Links and I will go check it out

Post this Extra without Double Posting:

Guess my Original Post as not really been Fixed as can’t install the Game from the Installer/DIsk Images.

But the Freezing/Crashing problem has been fixed in game

2 Likes

I already answered you.

It is common to find the games in .zip with the installation files, they are not disk images. I also answered you how to install it.

In other words, the only copy that can be installed is one that says “Crisis in the Kremlin (Installer) [f1] (1991)”

Important: This to load the .zip of the game and then to mount it from Disc Control is with exclusive cases like this game, because it does not allow to install it from the same C drive:

1 Like

Thanks @alexb3d I should of Looked Closer

1 Like

You’re welcome. I updated the last comment because I missed something, I’m cooking. :sweat_smile: I’m going to try to repair the floppy images, but it will be for later.

Anything you need, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks @alexb3d and I will ask IF I need some

Very Much Appreciate it