DesMuMe Issues?

As of recently, the DesMuMe core seems to stop working for no apparent reasons. With or without any input, the emulation just stops. When the window is clicked on, i get the basic “Application isn’t responding” message. Every other core seems to work perfectly fine.

Im using the DesMuMe git 62786c5 core, installed via the internal Online Updater.

1 Like

Having the same problem. I’ve try seven differ games all go to a white screen.

The last commit to that core was in February, so nothing has changed with it since then. Do you have proper BIOS files, etc.?

Yup, everything is set up properly. BIOS, clean Roms etc. Settings have all been left untouched.

And its not even reproducible either. Its completely random if, when and how it happens. Some games simply stop after their splash screen, some after a few minutes, other even after an hour of gameplay.

The issue is, it takes the whole emulator with it. Its not that the emulation itself just freezes, the whole application stops and has to be terminated, no error message or other hints about what might have gone wrong.

While other times, it works perfectly fine, no issues what so ever. Its a total mystery to me what might cause this.

Some games were known to have flaws with certain emulators I know I’m currently running into the problem with a N64 I cannot get any games to load correctly or they run so slow

Most of 0000-0600 they run great.0601-1499 75% are ok 25% frame rate drop 1500-2001 untested yet

Well, sure. But im not really talking about “specific games” but pretty much all i have :confused: From Tetris to Mario Kart, no matter how much graphical fidelity they have, they simply stop working…sometimes.

Like i already said, thats the thing here: I have no clue whats causing the issue. With other systems, you know that certain effects, like the N64 and PS1’s frame buffer, the SNES extra chip shenanigans etc can cause issues. Some may slow down emulation, some might crash it.

Here, the whole program just stops for no apparent reason. Not during load times, not from special effects or unexpected behavior, just from idling on logos or title screens.

That happened to me some times playing Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow, and in some rare cases if i wait long enough it would unfreeze and get back to the game.

Huh, interesting. I never waited tooo long to be honest, maybe a minute, two tops. Do you know roughly how long it took for you ?

Roughly the same time you waited, one minute two tops, it’s pretty random tho like a lottery.

Desmume never worked on any Lakka version I had until I got the 2.1 version. I was able to play some games, but the next morning the core would’nt start and I haven’t used it ever since. I didn’t change any configurations or anything I really don’t know what happened…