Development Suggestions

Would saving the button mapping on a per-device basis be possible? I use two different pads (Xbox 360 controller and Saitek P990) since I like having a 6 button controller for Genesis, Saturn and N64 games. Problem is these two controllers don’t have the same button placement at all. Retroarch recognizes both controllers without any difficulty but doesn’t change the mapping to reflect which one is inserted. Is this feature possible to implement?

I know it’s been mentioned before, but back in the original Xbox days, you could enable rumble in NES and SNES games. It worked but searching memory addresses, like you would for cheats, and finding a value change to link to controller rumble. For instance when health dropped, or you lost a life, it would trigger the rumble. Would this be possible to implement in RetroArch?

Along those lines, would it be possible to implement a memory search/cheat finder in RetroArch?

Drag and Drop artwork with only one or two configs to edit per system. For example drop artwork into specific folder with pngs matching rom names or folders matching rom names. artwork/mame/1942/ bezel.png Cabinet.png controlpanel.png flyer1.png flyer2.png similar to rocket launcher

I think allowing deep linking to the Retroarch android app would help extend launching games on Android quite a bit.

If this was included in the AndroidManifest.xml, a user could type in something like: libretro://launch?game=Mario into the android web browser and the game would launch

This would potentially make a method for users to create shortcuts directly to launch games from Android

if someone wanted to give us a PR for this, we’d probably merge it, but we haven’t had the greatest experience with doing stuff like this for Android. That is, when we added intents in the first place, it just enabled a bunch of non-free/adware launchers to pop up around us with no benefit to us.

Hi there, best program for emulation by far, only minor issues I’ve had so far, for example, I use technicolor video filter, but the vignette added to it causes glitches in some roms, like shadows and reduces viewable area of gamespace, I’ve managed to fix this on pc, but on android my phone is rooted and can’t modify settings, tried making a custom shader but an error is shown when loading it since not official because there’s a reason why I can’t disable the vignette in the shader parameters, please it’d help If you can make just one more shader in technicolor but without that vignette, I can send you screenshots If you want to further investigate this issue, and again thanks for this best software in emulation ever.

Some kind of crash protection would be nice to have. I know that some people have said before that crashes should be eliminated by coding better cores, but that isn’t likely to happen soon. On Lakka, RetroArch is an essential part of the OS and a core crash will essentially bring down the whole system. Ideally, a core crash should result in an error message and the user getting thrown back into XMB.

I’m not following this. There’s a shader parameter for disabling the vignetting. You’re saying it doesn’t work?

It does work, the problem comes with non-rooted smartphones like mine, an LG K10 I haven’t found a reliable way to root it, just making the .glslp obtainable from the downloable content tab (which is around 2KB) would solve the issue entirely. For me that’s the perfect shader I don’t ask for more. Don’t miss a chance to thank developers, they really did it with this software.

I still don’t quite understand what you’re lacking/wanting. If you want to get the shaders somewhere user-writeable, go to settings > directory and change your shader directory to somewhere user-writeable and then go to the online updater and ‘update glsl shaders’.

Well that’s what I did, set the directory, tried loading shader from there, still no luck with it, it says “error saving shader preset”. Hence the reason I came up with this suggestion.

Ok, the directions I gave in the last post should allow you to save shader presets. However, make sure you’re using internal storage for the directory.

As a new user to RA, I find the custom control setup per core to be frustrating.

When setting up a custom controller mapping for say… Genesis/MegaDrive we know that there are 6 action buttons, start, mode and D-Pad. How about a simple option to reconfigure controls for this core and go through a rebind procedure that asks the user to press whatever button for a,b,c,x,y,z,start,mode etc?

Only the buttons on the real pad should be offered to remap during the rebind procedure.

The ability to monitor folders and when a new rom is added to a folder, the playlist is automatically updated.

1 Like

I’m really missing a feature about time I’ve played a game as in minutes… would be nice I think

Wifi direct netplay within RetroArch would be awesome, no internet required to play, imagine going on vacation and everyone can play via a wifi direct connection with their phones without wasting phone data.

2 Likes

A way to auto convert codes to the new cheat format.

This is the Never Bleed code, 011A39BE 000000000, from Illbleed v1.002 (US) which converted to the new format looks like the:

cheat0_address = “1718718” cheat0_address_bit_position = “255” cheat0_big_endian = “false” cheat0_cheat_type = “1” cheat0_desc = “no bleeding” cheat0_enable = “true” cheat0_handler = “1” cheat0_memory_search_size = “4” cheat0_rumble_port = “0” cheat0_rumble_primary_duration = “0” cheat0_rumble_primary_strength = “0” cheat0_rumble_secondary_duration = “0” cheat0_rumble_secondary_strength = “0” cheat0_rumble_type = “0” cheat0_rumble_value = “0” cheat0_value = “0”

I’d like a feature that automatically converts the code.

I’d like an easy way to play CD based systems (i.e, PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast) while using the bin/cue files.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to create a second framebuffer object. I suppose you could add a callback that lets a core output a partial framebuffer to specific regions using the shader pipeline, disabling the global shader pipeline. The reason is for all the second screen cores. Like dreamcast VMU, DS, Gamecube/GBA , maybe wiiu in the future. So upscaling and displaying the partial framebuffer would be helpful

Example:

I have an idea:

How about for games without box art, how about we add them with images from desktop if we have them?