Development Suggestions

Having a way to pause/resume recording would be awesome!

Scroll through playlist with maximized thumbnails in all menu drivers.

In rgui you can maximize only one thumbnail by pressing [Y] on retropad (default [a] on keyboard).
In this view you can scroll through the playlist.

In xmb, ozone, glui you can maximize both thumbnails by pressing [start] on retropad (default [space] on keyboard) But soon after you press any key you end back in the playlist view.

Having those feature unified in all menu driver would be neat:

• Selectable thumbnail for maximized view (single / double [same as you define in ``Settings - User Interface - Appearance]
  • Same hotkey across menu drivers (rgui [a] keyboard /[Y] Retropad cycles through thumbnails in the other menu drivers. On the other side [start] Retropad / [space] keyboard does nothing at all in rgui)
2 Likes

Suggestion regarding DATE/TIME.

For those who use RetroArch on a PlayStation Classic console, DATE and TIME really does not matter at all, since the PSC does not have a internal clock system and is completely unaware of time.

So, my suggestions is:

Whenever you choose to DONā€™T DISPLAY DATE AND TIME, to also HIDE the ā€œLAST PLAYEDā€ entry in the HISTORY.LPL playlist. It really makes no sense to have a completely wrong date displayed there. Its wonderful to see how many times a game was played, but showing a wrong date, well, its wrong in my opinion.

I think this is something really simple to implement, am I correct?

Thank you sooo much! Cospefogo.

I would love to see the addition of a Confirm/Cancel prompt when selecting items such as ā€œSave Game Overrideā€ or ā€œSave Core Overrideā€ or ā€œSave Game Core Options Fileā€.

If I had a dollar for every time I accidentally hit one of these options, and destroyed my settings or had to then go manually into the ā€¦\config folder to remove the game .opt fileā€¦ omg I would have enough money to buy the earth and still have enough left over for a down payment on the moonā€¦ lol

1 Like

The XMB, and systematic theme are my favorite because of the variety of console, and content variations. I would like to suggest an upgrade to the XMB to allow you to use more than one icon per playlist, for example, being able to have a Nintendo 64 playlist that contains both the icon for the Nintendo 64 cartridge, and Nintendo 64DD cartridge in the same row.

With this enhancement I could see having a Game Boy playlist with the grey Game Boy cartridge icons in the same row with edited icons to represent the banana yellow cartridge for Donkey Kong Land, and the Red & Blue cartridges for PokƩmon Red & Blue, etc.

I would also like to suggest an enhancement to the core options to auto select what settings are the most accurate to the console that youā€™re trying to emulate. It can be very tricky to look up things such as what Low-Pass Filter % should I use to accurately emulate a Sega Genesis MK-1601 (95), what should the screen gap be for the Nintendo DS NTR-001 (96). The default settings seem to be set up for speed, which is fine, but I think an option to auto select for accuracy would be a great addition.

2 Likes

I really like the idea of some core-options having a preset for Accuracy vs. Performance. I donā€™t know how do-able that would be, but it would be neat none-the-less.

2 Likes

The ability to copy one controllers remap to the other controllers so I donā€™t have to do the same thing 4 times. This might already be possible but I donā€™t know how.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s no automatic way to do it, but I believe you can make a copy and then open it in a text editor and change all of the '1ā€™s to '2ā€™s/'3ā€™s/etc.

1 Like

What about just making the state read-only in your file-system?

Showing Favourites first on game lists. Having a standalone Favourite list is great, but once you have a build with 20+ systems and thousands of games then even the favourite games list can become huge and cumbersome. I suggest if possible, to give an option to show the favourite games first on each system list, so for example if I go to the Snes gamelist i will see Super Mario right on the top and before the standard alphabetical game list. With this option enabled, scrolling through all of our systems we will always have our favourite games at hand.

3 Likes

I think this is a great idea but I wonder if it will make creating and managing playlists more difficult for the end user. :thinking:

1 Like

My suggestion its not to completely replace the favourite list. Favourites should remain as it is and list all of your favourites across all of the systems. An example: Lets say my ā€œShowing Favourites firstā€ gets implemented and I select for it to be enabled. I add my Favourites both Zelda from my NES collection as well as Zelda from the Snes. My Favourite list now shows both Zelda games and nothing more. The NES list will show Zelda from NES first and then the regular A-Z list of games The Snes list will show the SNes Zelda first and then the regular A-Z list of games

1 Like

No doubt, it would be a nice feature. Itā€™s just that when you look at how these lists are currently made and read, you realize that they are very simple and this might require a lot of work.

Most of the ā€œCheatsā€ you have are wrong or donā€™t work with my games. Modifying or creating a new Cheat code file from the GUI of RetroArch is tedious cause you have to type in every code. Iā€™d like to go to my cheat code website of choice (codetwink) and be able to highlight, copy, then paste into the cheat line of the new individual code. I understand that Iā€™d have to go back and add the ā€œ+ā€ sign between each code, but copy and paste would be sooooo much fasterā€¦

The cheat files are plaintext. If you wish to copy/paste codes, you can open the cheat file of your choice in a text edtior and copy/paste in whatever you like.

1 Like

Make backspace/back go to main menu in XMB, like Ozone. Wish this would be implemented so one didnā€™t have to scroll through all cores just to get to the main menu.

1 Like

Possibility to (manually) increment saveRAM like it is now with save states.

I am playing a lot of RPGs and tend to use for every save a new slot.
Especially on older systems (third/fourth generation consoles) the slots are more limited.

ATM i make a copy of the saveRAM file every time the slots are full.
It would be nice to be able to do this through RetroArch.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™ve been using RetroArch for some time now and I have a lot of games and I really like having a custom library, and I think it would be great to add custom icons, backgrounds and music for each game in the library just like in the PS3 dash when you stops in a game for a few seconds and the dashboard becmae customized with the appearance of that game just like in the image bellow.

There is an interesting offer for retroarch How to write in PM to developers ? Or please message in PM Thank you

Come to our discord server email libretro -at- gmail.com