Development Suggestions

I would like to have videos in the interface and the info of the game.

2 Likes

I’d like to suggest making Fast Forward functionality more flexible.

Using is a new setting, maybe in the frame throttle menu, like -Speed tiers-, where you select a variable number

Below which you can then manually set the speeds you’d like to be able to toggle between, i.e.

1: 1x

2: 1.7x

3: 2.5x

4: 3.0x

5: 0.5x

And then, preferably, you’d have two new Hotkeys, like Speed tier next and Speed tier previous to toggle between them quickly during gameplay. Ideally, both hotkeys would loop around from the last tier to the first or vice versa, for systems without disposable buttons. Potentially, this could replace both the toggle ff and slowdown hotkeys entirely.

Or it could just be an addition and Speed tiers could get an Off state for those that don’t want it at all.

Hi.

Make the possibility to use xmb custom theme png for the notifications and widgets on screen. Actually they use monochrome theme. (for the moment i replace the png folder in monochrome with my custom png folder but if i update assets the default png folder overwrite my custom png folder in monochrome)

Thanks.

1 Like

The ability to load multiple cores at once would be pretty cool. Especially when using Retroarch via Steam’s Remote Play. Two to four players could be playing a single player game at the same time with a split screen twist.

Whether it be making different decisions in Resident Evil, trying out different boss orders in Mega Man, or sharing the expansive world of Majora’s Mask; I feel being able to load multple cores at once would add a refreshing couch play experience for single player titles.

2 Likes

Hotkey - Board

Is it possible to impelent CEC

[https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control]

I setted up a TV Box with Lakka and it would be nice to have the TV Remote as a backup controller or input device for some small text or numbers in c64 games …i would also use it as a Hotkey-Board
F1-12 usw.

And i thougt it would be a nice idea to use this pece of technology rather than a complete keyboard which is most times “over-dover” inconvenient and unhandy

1 Like

Had a silly, but AMAZING, idea for Flycast.

What if in the core options, we could set the emulator to play the annoying BEEEEEEEEEEP when it boots.

If you’re not familiar with what I’m describing, the VMU would run on watch batteries, and was almost always dead. However, when a dead VMU is plugged into the system (which was all the time), the VMU would let out a high-pitched BEEEEP as it powered on with the console.

Obviously, lots of people would never use this. I think equally though, lots of people would.

I know “I” would always leave that on, because that’s how I remember the Dreamcast turning on.

3 Likes

When launching a core the default core options appear to be configured for performance . . . I believe an option to change this so that the default core options are set up for accuracy would be ideal for those of us with gaming PC’s. I would also like to suggest an option to delete a save state from the menu.

What about a second video layer on top of the emulation layer. This would a lot of benefits. The first video layer can be controlled and used like now. The second video layer is on-top of the first video layer and can be used for additional stuff. I am thinking of the VMU for the Dreamcast, the Second Screen for the 3DS/DS, the GBA Screens for Gamecube Links etc. The second screen can be indipendently used on top. For instance if the first video layer is 4:3, the second layer can be 16:9 to position stuff around the 16:9 Layer (like screens or displays). Moreover you could send the second layer screen to another device to have some kind of WiiU experience. Means the second video layer will be displayed on the device and the first video on the TV screen. For developers of emulators/games this feature would bring a lot of benefits.

CEC support (like in Kodi for example) would be a game-changer in terms of convenience. Not only could you use the tv remote to navigate the menus independently of the regular controller (think of a classic Competion Pro-styled joystick that doesn’t have enough buttons to toggle the menu overlay), it would also automatically turn on the tv and switch to the proper HDMI input. Bringing Lakka more in line with how a console would work today.

One of the most annoying aspects of the RetroArch UI is remapping core-specific button layouts. I’d love an additional setup-menu that displays a schematic of the original controller the core is emulating.

For example, when using a Sega Saturn core like Kronos, the button remap menu would display a picture like this:

You could highlight the individual labels and assign the controller button in a much easier to comprehend and visual manner.

2 Likes

Greetings,

There’s something that always bothered me a little bit. When I exit a game in retroarch, when I’m back at the game selection screen, it shows the main menu background instead of the specific background for that console. To fix it, I have to select another console and then return for dynamic background to function again. It has a easy fix, doesn’t it?

Also, I would love an option to have custom background menu music.

1 Like

Stylus support in the Nintendo DS core for the Xbox One. This would make NDS games actually playable on the Xbox. :wink:

And the option to tile the DS’s screens horizontally so it’ll fill the TV screen better.

1 Like

I take my post back (can’t delete it unfortunately) because that already works.

Add an option to scale to 0.5x from the GUI. For now it’s only possible editing the presets.

Thinking further, the ideal should be to scale to 0.5, 0.25, 0.125 and so on, where the scales below 1.0 should be of the form 1/(2^k) and k is an integer greater than 0, which mean 1/2, 1/4, 1/8…

2 Likes

I would like a feature next to runtime (in history) that shows how many frames the game had ran for in total.

Please add a completed game playlist that the user can add games to that they’ve completed. This might not take much time at all to add. Thanks.

Can anyone help me with this ?

I am a newbie here. Just recently installed retroArch onto my Xbox One. However I am having trouble trying to uncover the option to download cores / roms I guess onto my consoles. Initially I activated developer mode through using a browser on my chromebook laptop. I am successfully able to download roms and upload them manually to the directory. I would really like to download them directly from the Retroarch itself on the Xbox one app. Can anyone please share content as to how I can do this? I am clueless on how to do this, so if you wouldn’t mind sharing the instructions on the easiest method to do this i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much!

RetroArch doesn’t download ROMs, aside from some permissively licensed / public domain homebrew that we provide mostly for testing purposes.

This is not a development suggestion for the program, but rather for the forum.

I have no desire to delete my account, even if I no longer wished to use it someday, but I always see the message regarding account deletion when I visit this forum, and I thought of a possible solution. I don’t know how vast the account deletion requests are, so this might be impossible, but maybe they could be honored if one was to briefly go through a user’s posts for questions, and answers that may be useful, reformat them to sound more professional, and post them to an FAQ that could pinned to a relevant forum category for easy access to everyone. Example below.

User A: Hi. I . . . insert information irrelevant to the question here . . . When I run RetroArch in 4K at 30hz with wasapi exclusive mode and all Menu Music options enabled, pausing a game, or opening the menu causes the music to freeze and stutter. What do I do?

User B: Insert answer here . . .

I don’t know the answer because is actually a problem I’m having :sweat_smile:

So let’s say the problem can’t be fixed . . . or, whatever, and the user asks to have their account deleted, the question and answer are added to an easy to access FAQ, and the user can have their account, and all activity removed. I suppose if they were quoted, that couldn’t be removed, but that’s too bad for them :man_shrugging: