Development Suggestions

That’s a different feature. I’m saying that it takes multiple clicks to open the parent shader directory where you save your presets (quick menu >> shaders >> load)

Question about XMB…

How do you make it so that the “Menu Colour Theme” automatically changes every month?

Just like the real thing…

Pre-configured to the player’s choice even.

If it’s still not possible, than this is my new suggestion.

2 Likes

Would an adjustable BFI Setting be of any use as a compromise between brightness and reducing pov motion blur? For example, instead of just Black Frame Insertion, what about having Grey Frame Insertion with variable degrees of darkness between let’s say 50% Grey and 100% Black?

unfortunately, it doesn’t really do the trick. It’s pretty easy to make a shader that does it just to test, but it looks pretty gross :frowning:

2 Likes

Feature Request: Capture screenshot as thumbnail

I hope there’s an option to allow us to capture the current screen AND save it directly as a preview thumb. Would be nice it can be switched between “Screenshot” and “Title screen” and the screenshots will be named correctly, and saved in the right folder. (And overwrite the current preview if the screenshot already exists. Very useful if you’re tired of seeing the same preview or just don’t like that specific snapshot)

I know that I can manually rename the screenshots and put them into the thumbnails folder but it becomes a huge hassle if I want to do this even for a small collection of games.

How about a “Custom Menu Colour Theme” option for the Ozone and GLUI Menu Drivers…

Basically, instead of picking one of the pre-configured ones (mind you, they’re all good), we get the option to pick our own colours in the Appearance Menu instead of Configuring it manually and individually in the code.

Is there a black frame insertion option on android? I cant find it in neither vulkan nor gl backends… Or is it done via a shader?

Thanks so much!

The “Custom Menu Colour" replied above is really an good feature. I wish use an pure red color and the only option is use boysenberry.

When starting Retroarch always go to \ Main Menu \ load core, but I never use it. I only start using playlist. An option to disable start pointing to “\Main Menu\load core” and or pointing to playlist will be good see in future versions.

If not exposed in the gui, can the black frame insertion value be added manually to the .cfg?

Thanks guys!

Id like to see a decent media/video player core some day…

4 Likes

Retroarch controller mapping system tries to map button name to name. Such for example as a reference it takes retropad and maps Xbox controller letter to letter. Here the swapping AB buttons menu is also something what makes sense. However there are several issues with this approach. 1st say Snes game is running which is having buttons with same naming but different layout,same for any other emulator, the mapping system trier to map letter by letter. 2nd swapping A&B messes up things if you have tv remote control. Suggestion Implement controller binding to a layout rather than to name(or code) of a Button

It’s based on layout already. Retropad-B should be xbox A unless the swap ok/cancel buttons option is enabled.

1. Please Retroarch devs add support for jpg images. Retroarch not allow use jpg for box art. jpg use much less disk space than png.

For Genesis I has 834 image files :

• in png format total disk used is 415 MB
  • if all files are converted to jpg high quality compression total disk used is only 63,9 MB =) I have 4,5 GB of box art png images possibly converted to jpg maybe less of 600 MB.

jpg is fast even an Pentium 3 can run fast and also help users saving disk space (several GBs) in devices and consoles also having less internet traffic when downloading from Retroarch image repository.

2 ) The screenshot box art image area is much little if compared with below details information. Option to allow an larger screenshot image size area.

Just noticed that Cemu has gone open source and is available as a Linux build as well:

Announcement

Github

So does this open the door to finally getting a WiiU core?

4 Likes

Possibly! It’s certainly much more possible than it was. We’re in the process of checking it out right now.

6 Likes

I was going to post about CEMU but got beaten. Which is nice.

1 Like

I’ll suggest again 7 years later:

Let the “Custom Ratio …” video option accessible in Quick Menu.

I’ve been testing the latests nightly builds and have seen the menus have changed quite a lot in a good way. The only thing I didn’t like was to not have an easily “custom ratio” option accessible after entering RA quick menu. This is an option often necessary when testing games and shaders.

Probably all the “Aspect Ratio” options should be accessible in Quick Menu.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there is a way already but I couldn’t find it.

I wish there was an hotkey to swap port 1 and port 2. I usually have an arcade stick and a controller plugged in and so if I want a different P1 controller I have to go to:

Settings -> Input -> Port 1 -> Device Index -> Select the other controller

go back -> Port 2 -> Device Index -> Select the first controller

Is not the end of the world but a “swap port 1 - port 2” hotkey would be great!

The easiest way to handle it currently if you’re not worried about multiplayer is: just set the ‘mapped port’ to port 1 for both 1 and 2 in quick menu > controls. That will make both of them control p1 and you can swap between them as you see fit.

I just tried, it kind of does the trick but 2 things:

• all the remaps need to be redone.
  • I don’t know why but: I use the “home” button to toggle the menu (the logitech button on my f310 and the home button in the hori arcade stick). they both work as intended when set to device index for port 1. but if I set them both for p1, in quick menu-> controls, only the hori home hotkey works…