Development Suggestions

Thanks for the tip Hunterk, I tried but I think that doesn’t do it for me…still hoping for the hotkey! :sweat_smile:

1. can you add a gamepad driven file manager to copy, rename, delete, run etc…?
2. in cheat menu can i enter a number from the on screen keyboard instead of scrolling to the number i need?
  1. can you add ‘restart the pc’ and ‘shutdown the pc’ from the main menu.(under restart retroarch and exit retroarch) 4. when i click a game can you add to the menu that opens “host this game” thank you very very much for your time and effort. i have a dedicated pc for this wonderful amazing software. your biggest fan. David.

can you add music playing to the menu? i will put some mp3 ogg wav flac music in a folder and the menu will play them randomly while i am browsing the games or configuring something in the system or updating the cors etc… thank you very much. David.

I suggested this a long while ago on reddit, but, can we PLEASE have database information of games under the thumbnail? Specifically:

• Name
  • Publisher
  • Developer
  • Year/Month of release

It should be displayed in the section right under the thumbnail where it says

• Core:
  • Runtime:
  • Last Played:

https://imgur.com/a/lsdhKbb

The database entries are already there, why not make use of them? Instead they are burried in submenus.

3 Likes

Some way to use GBA emulator along side a GameCube emulator and have them connect. I was thinking either have it run 2 cores which seems unlikely, or maybe connect a phone running a GBA emulator on mobile RetroArch with USB.

The main reason I’m suggesting this is because there is no way to do this while on Xbox, which is the only thing that I have to reliably emulate. I’d love to be able to utilize the GBA link function for a few games

I was wondering if it would be possible to make cheats applicable on melonds core since i runs better the desume but cheat just don’t work on it

PLEEEEEAAAASEEEEE!!!

you need to put the sounds of the navigation menu that gives a special charm to the system and can add classic sounds from games. only the sound of start, of cancel, the background music works BUT the sound of navigations, the click song that makes when put to the side, up and down does not work

1 Like

PLEASE add jpg support for thumbnails. I have 4,5 GB in png format. If converting to jpg goes to only 1,1 GB. Even an pentium 3 load fast jpg files. That help users using Retroarch with loaded OS from usb drives too.

2 Likes

An feature allowing use an shortcut opening an transparent text window … Retroarch load an text or dat file using the rom name. Thus is possible an text having story, instructions, codes and etc.

1 Like

This is aproximately how it could look like. The metadata section with added Game infos.

The

• Name
  • Developer
  • Publisher
  • Release Date (Month + Year!) are showing up in the so called “metadata” section.

Personally I think these are useful and nice-to-have infos and it should be fairly easy to add them.

Please consider adding those infos to the metadata. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,

This post is about consistency between virtual joypads on touchscreens and their USB joypad counterparts for directional button presses, particularly for retro fighting games in gaming tournaments. The question I have is: Is there a way to program button priority for touchscreens when simultaneous directional buttons are pressed?

In the fighting game community, HitBoxes are tournament-legal “stickless” controllers that have buttons instead of a joystick for directions, like a keyboard with WASD controls. You’ll see them pop up in yearly fighting game major tournaments like EVO. HitBoxes allow for simultaneous opposing cardinal directions (SOCD), which was at first notoriously bad because unintended errors can happen, like for example pressing left+right together and glitching the game for TAS runs in Zelda on SNES emulators. SOCD cleaners were implemented for tournament gameplay to prevent unforeseen gaming events occurring outside of the developer’s scope of expectations.

Now for the majority of Street Fighter games, the standard I’ve always seen for SOCD cleaners are to have left+right = neutral (aka “neutral” cleaning), or sometimes left+right = forward, and up+down = up (aka “absolute priority” cleaning). Capcom stresses in Street Fighter V that improper SOCD cleaning is considered cheating and not tournament legal, and HitBox and CrossUp USB controllers for purchase will have some sort of SOCD cleaning already implemented. Long story short, SOCD cleaning is a recent and rather nuanced topic in tournament gameplay, and to prevent in-game cheating, only certain SOCD cleaning styles are tournament legal and officially sanctioned. To my surprise RetroArch devs already took care of everything for external controllers. Every USB controller I’ve ever owned, ever, works flawlessly wrt its intended SOCD cleaning when plugged into any device that runs RetroArch.

However, RetroArch’s virtual gamepad only follows the Smash Box SOCD cleaning method: the touchscreen always defaults to “neutral” SOCD cleaning no matter what. In a RetroArch gaming session, for example, using a USB HitBox controller behavior is as expected, following “absolute priority” SOCD cleaning when pressing up+down, yielding up. But for the corresponding HitBox touchscreen layout in RetroArch’s virtual gamepad overlay, there’s a contradiction when touching up+down: RetroArch always defaults to neutral, it should default to up, and I can’t change the virtual gamepad’s behavior to mimic my USB tournament standard controllers that I’ve plugged in.

tldr: All the nuances and styles in tournament-legal SOCD cleaners are handled brilliantly for RetroArch’s USB controllers, but only one “neutral” style of SOCD cleaning is implemented for RetroArch’s onscreen virtual gamepads. Therefore in fighting games, RetroArch’s virtual gamepads in the HitBox layout may behave differently compared to HitBox USB controllers when it comes to simultaneously pressed directional inputs. Is there a way to program button priority for touchscreens when simultaneous directional buttons are pressed?

As always, there’s just no beating this amazing program, and thank you for listening.

1 Like

Dear developers, I am currently a Patreon for Retroarch and would like to donate some money towards you guys as a bounty for development of supermodel 3 and cemu as cores. Where do I start the seed money for this?

Well, unfortunately, we don’t really have any good options for that currently. We used to use Bountysource, but they’ve become unreliable and apparently focused on cryptocurrency -_-

Using the latest 1.11.1 and browsing the game list now is possible scrol page by page !!! Several system have much games with “S” and now is more easy to browse ! =)

THANKS !!!

1 Like

@davinci I’m not sure I understood the issue, but in the main menu you can hit “quick menu” and that will be the menu for the currently running game, no need to look for the game in the playlist.

2 Likes

Very good to know thanks. I never entered the game menu that way, always searched for the game in the gamelist, thus my suggestion to highlight the running game.

Suggestion: “Next Layout” hotkey.

I create a zip with two overlays that can change in game pressing a “Next Overlay” hotkey. But game screen must be in the same position and same dimensions.

Then I create a zip with two layouts, each one with a different screen position and dimensions. But can’t change layout in game, only inside a menu.

It’s possible to add a “Next Layout” in hotkeys menu?.

I know the input configuration has probably been discussed, but I was thinking it would be great if the core “controls” options was able to map buttons with keypresses, like the main input configuration. Choosing the buttons from a list and trying to make them match up always seems a bit clunky and confusing.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.

2 Likes

My suggestion may seem quite different from those that have already been posted here. Retroch is powerful software to transform varied equipment into a retro game center, so it can relive 8/16/32 -bit game times for example. The Android version allowed you to bring this tool to various equipment, equipment that was never thought to be used as a game center. As an example Chinese boxes known as TV Box are much sought after for this purpose. I have old equipment, Xtreamemer 4K Prodigy with Android 4.4 version and for many people who have old equipment certainly the person faces the doubt about what can be done with this device. I thought of taking advantage of it as a game center and Intale the last version that is supported as the XTreamer 4K Prodigy comes with an Android 4.4 version. I did the retroarch test and had a good surprise on this equipment since virtually all nuclei tested worked very well, only a few systems did not perform well with Nucleo Retroach, such as N64 and Virtualboy. But my suggestion would be to transform retroarch also into a specific operating system for each tv box with specific apps, so ROM would be much lighter because it would eliminate everything unnecessary. The tests I did with the retroarch, I used a 128g SD card and would give a grade 10 considering the equipment I have, below is the configuration of Xtreamer below The Android 4.4 Kitkat with Special Xtreamemer Launcher/UI & ota upgrades Processor MSTAR9180 - 1.5 GHz Quad Core Arm Cortex A9 (with Dolby+DTS) GPU MALI-450 Quad Core