Different Scanlines for crt-apeture?

I was wondering if we could get some alternate scanline (styles) in crt-apeture, like in crt-guest-dr-venom.

Guest’s default scanlines look (act) like the default scanlines for apeture, where over darker colors we get dark (black?) scanlines, but over bright colors the scanlines fade (melt) instead of being super prominent.

Guests alternate scanline mode seems similar except you have uniform darkness over scanlines (ie. all dark).

I prefer using crt-apeture, but it’d be nice to have some more options. Some games I’d prefer having those really dark consistent scanlines, others I’d prefer the default.

Thanks in advance, either way!

1 Like

I like to use image-adjustment, Black Light -1, with crt-geom to appear the scanline over the black background. It is how I remember the TV that I had in the 90’s.

2 Likes

@Syh I think I see the difference you’re describing.

Using the updated shader I posted here, I think you can get a similar look in bright colors by setting Scanline Size Min and Max to 0.75 and cranking up the Halation to 0.45 (or more to fill in the dark lines). Might need to raise the edge sharpness to 5.0 after that

2 Likes