Does Lakka suport 8 bit computers?

I’m new to Lakka. I installed it on a laptop and have successfully added SNES games. I would like to know If I can add C64, Atari 8 bit, TI99/4A games etc… Is that an option? Thanks.

Just to clarify, in the core I see some 8 bit computers, but not all. I added some games but can’t get them to run. Is there something I am missing? Thanks.

As I have no experience with trying to run those cores with the exception of atari 8bit (tried using it for 5200 unsucessfully) I would look up using the search engine of your choice the name of the specific core that are in use on your specific install of Lakka. There will usually be instructions on how to use and how to run software properly within the core.

How did you manage to use 8 bit ataris? I have the ROMS and BIOS correctly placed. I then choose the atari 8 bit computer core. What next? Thanks!

The 2600 and the 7800 should load no problem. You just scan the directory that the ROMS are in and it should create the playlist for you and you just play the games. You don’t use the 8 bit emulator for them though. Stella would be for the 2600 games and ProSystem for the 7800 games.

If you’re trying to play 5200 games then that’s a whole other story. That requires a little more work.

For 5200 games you need to go get the BIOS files and put them in your system directory. Your ROMs need to be uncompressed. Just in .a52 format. You used to have to manually edit the atari800.cfg file but I think after the recent update you can just use the settings options in the GUI to scan for the BIOS files.

If that doesn’t work then try the info in this post: