Dolphin: Allow rewind on, even if it doesn't work!

I really like rewind, so I like to always keep it on. But when you boot the Dolphin core, it crashes! I would rather have rewind do nothing than making it crash instantly! I am not asking for, rewinding on Dolphin… but why does it crash instead of automatically turning it off? I know core overrides are an thing but… I do NOT want to set that up each RetroArch installation!

“why does it crash instead of automatically turning it off?”. Well, i don’t think we really want Retroarch to change our configs automatically. But i’m not developer, it COULD be done. Just use overrides, that works well.

I don’t mean literally change the config, I mean “Make rewind do nothing because it crashes when turned on but I still like to keep it on” if you know what I mean! The Citra core is the perfect example of this, rewind stays on but it does nothing! When you turn rewind on and boot Citra, the rewind does nothing but the config stays the same!

Haven’t heard that about Citra. Maybe citra doesn’t just support it at all, and does not even try to, but dolphin just crashes because it is far too intensive.

I also didn’t say “Support rewind”, I mean’t “At least let it boot” Why don’t they do it like Citra Libretro? Just ignore the fact that it’s turned on?

Does it crash because there’s a bug or because it’s too resource intensive for your PC?

Is rewind actually not supported in Dolphin? It could be it is already supported by Retroarch, but it requires a really beefy computer.

I have an pretty beefy computer. Rewind is not supported because the save states are too large. I am guessing the reason why it crashes is because they didn’t think to turn it off. Standalone Dolphin doesn’t even have it. I just want to boot the Dolphin core without manually having to turn rewind off first, without an core override. I don’t think it would that hard to implement, because the Citra core does it already. Heck, I might try to implement it myself once I know how the Libretro API works. The documentation on Libretro sucks though. But to be fair, I barely even know much C++ to begin with.