Dolphin - Is anyone willing to compile the core for me?

I know it’s crazy super alpha alpha state, but I’ve been at this for the better part of my week. I can’t get half the compile programs to install and/or work on my Windows 10 machine, and I had someone literally laugh at me for trying to compile in Windows today when I brought it up at work lol.

I know it barely works, if at all… I just want to screw around with it, see how it runs on my main system and my portable setup, etc etc.

im using windows x10 compiling in msys2, cores(not all) and retroarch. what and where exactly is your problem installing/compiling?

the guide in buildbot/docs should be enough

I’m having lots of problems, but specifically with msys2, the program just hangs it doesn’t install.

0% is as far as it gets in the install.

Visual Studio opens the file and freezes Cygwin tells me none of the commands I’ve entered are real commands…

I remember compiling years ago on linux and it wasn’t anywhere near this much of a headache lol.

I was hoping someone might just have it compiled already because this is just too much lol

you only need msys2 for iwndows environment, but i have no idea if the core you need is incorporated already with libretro/retroarch auto build

It’s not on the buildbot because it’s not really usable at the moment. It inherits a lot of settings from the standalone program at the moment, so you need to be able to compile it, as well.

There’s RobLoach’s separate dolphin-launcher core but I’m not sure if it even works on Windows, as it was designed around linux paths.

You could try this portable version: http://repo.msys2.org/distrib/x86_64/msys2-base-x86_64-20161025.tar.xz

It’s an archive you can unzip anywhere with 7zip, so no installer.

1 Like