[Download] RetroArch 1.7.7 + other emulators (iOS)

Yeah but it doesnt work unfortunately, not one positive feedback so far. Everyone is getting jb failed message in chimeratv app.

@AlexManCH Restart and try again… If your AppleTV is supported, the jailbreak process may still fail (even many times!) before working once…

On iOS I had the same problem whenever I tried jailbreaking with Chimera, and it took sometimes 20-30 attempts to get it to finally work!

I don’t know what is the exploit it’s using but you should maybe try with wi-fi turned off…

Well i tried like over 50 times without success and now after waking up, i was ready for more trying but somehow i found that bloody thing updated to 12.3 :hushed: I for sure tried 10times without wifi yesterday. Dont know for now if im going for a third one just to be on <=12.2 to maybe have still no success :neutral_face:

@AlexManCH Damn those automatic updates… :joy:

I personally hope to see a jailbreak drop when iOS 13 releases, as there are some cool features like the PS4/Xbox controller support and some things I’m looking forward to…

Hello, I jumped over to this thread from the one you had told me was old, lol. I downloaded RetroArch IOS 11+ from your repo, but it doesn’t have any cores installed. I tried using the online updater and it looks like it downloads the cores, but when I try to select a core it tells me I don’t have any. I’m completely lost. If you can lend me a hand I would appreciate it very much.

@FlashyLatin What is the file extension for the file you’re trying to load ? And what core(s) did you download ?

Cores look for a compatible file before showing up in the core selection menu…

When you go to online updater/core updater/select core to download. Are you then supposed to do something else? Because I was thinking it should then show up as a downloaded/installed core.

I downloaded both PlayStation cores. I don’t have any cores for me to even try a file extension to try a Rom. Not sure if that’s what you’re asking.

@FlashyLatin It goes something like this :

• You choose “Online Updater -> Core Updater” and you pick one (for example, as I included Cave Story in the ROMs folder, you could download this core for a test, so you pick Cave Story (NXEngine))

• After it goes to 100% and installs the core, you select “Load Content -> Start directory -> Cave Story (NXEngine) -> Doukutsu.exe”

It should work about the same with any core you download, but you can try the “Load Core” option to see if it gets populated after downloading any core…

Hope this helps ! :wink:

Thanks for helping our. I promise I’m not making stuff up. But when I select game story from start directory - Cave Story, another folder pops up that says data, I select it then 2 folders pop up NPC and Stage when I select either I get to a dead end saying no items… What I doing wrong? Is there a way I can send you a video clip or some screen shots so that you can get a better idea?

@FlashyLatin It should look like this (this is on my iPhone X, iOS 12.1.2, Unc0ver jailbreak…)

Notice that after I download the core, it now appears in the “Load Core” menu… Then “Doukutsu.exe” is selectable in the “Load Content” menu…

After I download the core and go back to load cores. I get a “No Items) with “Load Core (No Core)” crawling at the top. It seems to be downloading the core, but then it doesn’t populate it for whatever reason.

I did have the other version of RetroArch from your previous post (that you told me was an old thread). It was also 1.7.7 but that version had all the cores pre-built, the problem was I was getting a little yellow message at the bottom telling me, “failed to open libretro core”.

I don’t know what else to try…

@FlashyLatin Try to delete RetroArch from Cydia, then download the “RetroArch Cleaner” from the repo…

After that, delete RetroArch Cleaner from Cydia and then download “RetroArch (iOS 11+)” again from the repo !

It will work if all goes according to plan… :smile:

Nothing, I even downloaded RetroArch from my mobile data, since I’m not at home with WiFi just to try. It still doesn’t show any cores installed. I followed your video up there to the T. Is there any way to use a program like Filza to manually install the cores by copy and pasting from downloads?

@FlashyLatin Even with the RetroArch Cleaner it didn’t work ? I’m stumped…

Yeah, you can download cores from the iOS 11+ buildbot and drop them in “/Applications/RetroArch.app/modules” folder with Filza! :wink:

I don’t know what happens with your installation though… What version of iOS are you on ?

I saw your buildbot at the top and downloaded one of the files. It was PSX, I used Filza to copy it to the modules folder, but no go. Do I need to unzip the file, rename it, or anything? Since it’s not showing up as a core.

@FlashyLatin Yeah, unzip… RetroArch does it upon installation of the core so the buildbot must be configured that way… You can unzip with Filza too!

What iOS version are you on BTW ?

I’m on IOS 12.0.1 with Chimera JB.

OMG it finally worked. I had to do it manually and unzip it, but I finally got that Rick game demo going, lol. I don’t know why the internal downloaded and installer don’t work. This is a little more of a hassle, but I can manage. I want to play some PS1 roms, do I have to copy and paste the bios somewhere? Or are they preloaded with your Cydia/Sileo build?

Never mind it’s working!!! Thank you soooo much 2 weeks later. I liked Provenance and it’s layout, but anytime I connected my Xbox One Controller with NControl and launched a PS1 game it would just crash the app. I could play N64, Sega, SNES, with the control, no problems. I could also play PS1 roms with the touch screen controls no problem, but for some reason it didn’t like the PS1 with NControl connected with a wireless, I tried it with my Switch’s JoyCons and it was the same, instant crash, but now I got it going and playing some Resident Evil Director’s Cut, woot woot. Thanks again “bud”dy, haha

1 Like