Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Looking at color possibilities already :wink:

2 Likes

Here is a look at the Final GP32.

When this is in the repo, I highly recommend leaving the “Colorize” on in the HSV Device Layer settings.

There is a lot going on and without it I can’t guarentee your display will match the color gamut of my display.

9 Likes

it looks super cute!!! :grinning: What emulator does GP32 in RetroArch use?

1 Like

GP32 games can be played with MAME

3 Likes

you have the rom set gp32? i have in format .smc

1 Like

Yeah the GP32 games are in smc format. They are best to be zipped for use with RetroArch.

Check out [Guide] Play Non-Arcade systems with MAME or MESS if you haven’t gotten the GP32 setup for the MAME Core yet.

3 Likes

Update on the GP32.

I am not happy with the way my highlights disappear when the color is changed. I may go through the effort of darkening up all the yellows so that saturation isn’t the only deference between the normal color and the highlights.

It could take a lot of work. :frowning_face:

It may also not be successful, so I will make the changes on a working copy.

5 Likes

I tried something different.

I put my highlights on the Top Extra Layer so I have some control over them.

I still need to mask out the LED area, but I think it will work. We can also adjust it’s opacity when night mode is on.

It actually looks pretty slick! :grin:

9 Likes

OK… I spent some serious time on this. It may have actually been more difficult than simply darkening the yellow, but in the end it looks correct. There was a lot of strange masking I had to figure out. :grin:

It works in Night mode, but since the night mode ignores the Top Layer if it is in Add blending mode, I had to lower the opacity to 3%.

Coloring the device works as expected. I had to mirror the Device HSV parameters to the Top layer.

I think I am happy. :partying_face:

6 Likes

Hmm, I don’t think that the top layer is ignored if it is in add mode, I think the night lighting is applied to the image which would make the highlight less prominent…

4 Likes

I’m fairly certain that instead of adding an ambient multiplier to the Top Image, you just set it to not apply the night to it when it was in Add mode. (I think so we could use it as another LED layer.)

Here is a shot with the transparency not set.

Totally not affected by the night layer. :upside_down_face:

BTW, the Top layer is below the CRT and Glass layer. If you were wondering. :wink:

7 Likes

Hmm, sounds like I should add some parameters here to adjust how much night lighting gets applied…

5 Likes

Something like opacity?

3 Likes

Yeah, basically a 0-100 amount of how much the night lighting the top layer received

4 Likes

I wanted to ask but didn’t want to seem greedy. :grin:

5 Likes

And that is how features for Mega Bezel are made.

3 Likes

The first steps are always an adventure. :grin: Here is the first WIP on the Tiger Game .com.

4 Likes

Here another WIP before I retire for the evening.

BTW. In case you were wondering why this has so much in common with my TI-99_4A graphic…

…Tiger Electronics acquired the toy division of Texas Instruments in 1995. They started producing the Game .com in 1997.

5 Likes

Here’s the latest WIP.

Getting close. I still have to do the stylus. :grin:

The bezel will be done in the shader. I am planning on adjusting the reflection falloff/fade. We’ll see how it goes. :wink:

8 Likes

Here is a WIP on the stylus.

There is an awful lot going on with this thing. I’m not sure I will ever get it perfect. :frowning_face:

Hopefully, as I add detail, it will become more forgiving.

4 Likes