Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

whenever i use the n64 shader it is upside down and reversed, help?

1 Like

That can happen to varying degrees, depending on which RDP engine you use.

There are a few “Flip & Rotate” parameters in the shader, two for the viewport, two for the core image, and a rotate for the CRT.

They should be self explanatory.

When you have it sorted, you can save a core preset or content directory preset.

2 Likes

thank you mate, all looks normal now

2 Likes

Here is a WIP on the Arduboy.

All the silicon and porcelain is done. Next I need to do the other surface mount components.

The complexity of this off the charts!

There are 1659 closed paths, 16 compound paths, and 379 clipping masks.

Crazy! :open_mouth: (And I’m only half done.)

The completed GBC PCB had only 845 closed paths.

I kept the shot at the export resolution of over 4000 vertical pixels, in case anyone wants to take a closer look.

It’s pretty accurate but I wouldn’t recommend using it in place of a schematic. (I just realized I forgot a little dot on one of the IC chips. I’ll have to fix that. :innocent:)

Edit: Fixed and updated the shot.

5 Likes

Has anyone figured out how to get these beautiful shaders configured on a steam deck? Installing RA through EmuDeck blocks out the ability for me to copy the shaders into the proper directory. Thanks!

2 Likes

You may want to look at this thread and ask @schM0ggi for tips if they didn’t already cover it in the thread.

2 Likes

Casio PV-1000; quick question… what core to use ? >mame current< presents just a black screen :frowning: thank you !

2 Likes

MAME current is the correct core. Are you familiar with the standard MAME Software Lists method?

If you post a pre-formatted log we may be able to troubleshoot your issue.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction ! Superb work/design as always ! Thank you very much Duimon!

2 Likes

OK then. The underlying components of the Arduboy are done.

It was quite a battle at times. I had to do surgery on the trace multiple times so it lined up with pins on the components.

I am sure I will have to do more as the shell takes form. (For the screw hole at least. But I am getting rather good at it. :wink:)

We now have 1899 closed paths and 428 clipping masks.

Time for the next layer of coolness. :grin:

8 Likes

Here is where I am at with the Arduboy.

I think it is in a good place. Here is a reminder shot for comparison.

There was way too much direct lighting on my source. For the shell and buttons I used this reference shot.

Here is a shot of the transparent shell layer.

A transparent shell is much easier than a translucent one. :innocent:

(Not that this was in any way easy. :wink:)

For those who are interested, this now has 2015 closed paths and 448 clipping masks.<— :astonished:

I’ll start exporting separate layers and see how it goes building a preset.

7 Likes

While I was doing a final OCD pass I noticed that the more solid parts of the shell cast a shadow.

Keeping in mind my front/top down standard lighting style… I added them.

A couple more clipping masks, and my customary 1px final Gaussian blur and here we go.

I’m hoping I can keep the trace and raw PCB as a single combined layer. The green and gold should be close enough on the color wheel that a hue adjustment will look good. If that is the case I can guarantee a decent amount of control for changing the colors in the shader. If that is not the case (And we need separate layers.) we may lose a bit of control over other layer colors.

14 Likes

Wow! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

It is pretty easy, you have to download the shaders_slang.zip from https://buildbot.libretro.com/assets/frontend/ and extract it in /home/deck/.var/app/org.libretro.RetroArch/config/retroarch/shaders/shaders_slang/

And after that just follow the instructions here and on the Mega-Bezel thread.

For easier config, change your shader file directory in settings to this one instead of the default one.

2 Likes

OK. So the PCB and trace did not look good combined and Hue adjusted. :frowning_face:

I am planning on releasing two versions. The first will just have the two layers. (Background and Device. And be the original kick starter gold.

After playing with the layers a bit (And not liking what I saw.) I went back into the source and made quite a few changes. I also created an alternate version of the combined PCB and trace that were the same gold. (The trace is a bit darker.)

From what I can see on the Interwebs the original green/gold was the only model that the trace was a different color.

So the default Alt version will look like this.

This uses all seven available image layers and can be fully color customized. Some opacity etc. will need to be used on the Top Layer (The shell.) with darker colors.

I will also be using the new second ambient lighting on this.

Of course it can be scaled.

I am using the default 2nd Ambient image, rotated, with some reduced X scale. It does not scale with the device so some tweaks need to be made to the ambient scale when you zoom in a LOT.

I also lowered the brightness and saturation of the 2nd ambient image in the last two shots.

I think this really shows off a lot of shader features. I am happy.

I will be working on this a bit more, until I am truly satisfied. I will post when it is in the repo.

6 Likes

Turns out I needed to change the Top Layer matte type.

The appearance Is much improved! :grin:

7 Likes

I did a bit more work on the Arduboy (Changed the matte type again, added some increased device drop shadow, tweaked a few more things.)

I have some preset maintenance to do so I will add the Arduboy along with my next update.

It may take some time. :innocent:

2 Likes

Hello guys,

Just to show you. The “star” is the game and I am satisfied with the result. Love this overlay for the 95 Edition. Of course the resolution is 1216x896 for this game like all the kof and all the Metal Slug.

5 Likes

I am going through all of my presets to update them to the newest version of the shader.

Along the way I found some very weird errors in my GB, GBC, and GBA [Bezel] ( Player) presets.

They have a custom bezel height & width and the GB and GBC have a custom frame X Scale. I don’t remember doing that, but maybe I had to counter some bug HSM fixed.

In any case there will be a pretty serious preset update when I am done investigating.

2 Likes

Another thing… I was investigating adding the BackgrountVertImage to my MAME and Arcade Potato presets and found that I wasn’t using it in the Vertical presets either, so they have been broken.

I will still leave the vertical presets in but everything will have both graphics set so will be automatic using the MAME core.

I will probably do the same to the FB-Neo presets to future proof them.