Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Given the situation I don’t think anyone would mind, and I certainly don’t.

Hope instead that AMD sorts the issue out with the drivers. :grin: (The issue is on the AMD end.)

Though I am only guessing that the drivers could be the problem.

2 Likes

the thing is , it improves opengl performance in modern games so …i don´t thinkt they revert this back …

in my case it´s really just citra runs badly …and citra aswell as lrps2 won´t start as soon i save an global/content or game shader preset …

the rest of the cores uns even better in opengl as in vulkan now :sweat_smile:

i don´t know whats wrong but i guess a workaround/fix hast to come von citra , or they try to add vulkan to the core

1 Like

Yeah, but the opengl thing has been an up and down issue, not just for AMD, but NVIDIA as well.

Now we are down, maybe the next driver revision will get us back up again.

1 Like

@HyperspaceMadness and @Duimon Thank you very much for your help, thanks to you I’m on the right track. I managed the conversion, it runs great in full screen! BigPemu now with Mega_Bezel_Duimon_Style, simply MEGA! If you want me to upload the setup, let me know, I haven’t done anything apart from converting it. :star_struck: :grinning:

7 Likes

I spent some quality time upgrading and enhancing my Jaguar graphic, specifically because of this new emulator and the convertor.

It looks really nice in this shot, and I am glad it’s getting some use.

Thanks for posting about your experience!

2 Likes

BTW.

This little bit of news…

https://forums.libretro.com/t/unofficial-cores/39889/10

…will motivate me to change the folder name of my DOSBox_5150 preset to IBM_5150.

Exciting stuff!

2 Likes

I have been using the Mega Bezel shader that is included in one of the BigPemu downloads and it works great and I changed some settings in it that @HyperspaceMadness suggested in the BigPemu discord. I tried to use the converter last night with a @Duimon Jaguar full graphics preset and it seemed to convert ok with no errors but I got a “fail to load” when I tried to load it in BigPemu. If anyone has any tips or advice or has a converted graphics Jaguar preset to share it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I’m only guessing but I would check the .dstack file and make sure the images are in the correct path.

I don’t have much experience with this so I can’t say for sure that a successful conversion also means a correctly structured initial preset.

If I were going to attempt to convert a preset I would save the full preset, then move the images to the presets folder and change the paths, before I converted.

Maybe @DerSchlachter can give you some advice.

I’m going to give converting a preset a try so I can be more informed.

2 Likes

I had success converting a preset.

My command line was.

RAShaderTrans.exe "E:\RetroArch\shaders\Jaguar_MBZ.slangp" -subdir -outpath "E:\Temp6"

Of course you will need to change the paths.

I also used some special custom assets. :innocent:

4 Likes

Thanks for that example. I must have done something wrong last time but I was successful with your example even with custom parameters.

My Commandline RAShaderTrans.exe BigPEmu.slangp -emittall -subdir

I saved Duimon Preset ( turn OFF Simple Presets then save) as BigPemu.slangp

switch to stretch in the video menu if necessary. Works for me, in all resolutions, looks best in 4k.

1 Like

Do you know what benefit there is with the -emittall switch? Are there some effects omitted if we don’t use that switch?

Looking awesome fella :beers:

1 Like

@HyperspaceMadness

The convertor help says, about the -emitall command line switch.

-emitall - emit essl+hlsl in addition to glsl.

Do we need this? (I suppose it wouldn’t hurt.)

i tried all commands, this was the best result, look at your awesome grafic on a 4K Display (this is my main Setup)

1 Like

It would have been more appropriate to contact me privately and ask this question, “before” you posted a download link on the LaunchBox forum containing my graphics.

The code is open source, but my graphic is not.

From my readme.md.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

1 Like

Yes, you are totaly right, sorry deleted file asap. Sorry, my bad. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Your quick action really calms my heart. Thank you.

I edited my previous post to reflect my current mood. :grin:

3 Likes

Good vibes in here. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

BTW. You can look forward to a Duimon-BigPEmu repo once my team and I sort some things out. It should happen very soon.

@DerSchlachter If it is OK with you I would like to mention you in the README for re-awakening our interest in the emulator. We had put things on hold.

5 Likes