Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets - Feedback and Updates

Thanks guys! I can’t say I am unhappy with my current quality of life, it has been pretty straight up for the last couple of years.:grin:

I will say that my involvement in this project with @HyperspaceMadness has certainly been a big contributing factor.

It is pretty hard to not be satisfied as I turn my monitors off at night.:smiley:

5 Likes

I wish you success in everything your hands touch.

1 Like

@Duimon Oh my… That Sharp combination… hats off to you! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Hey @Duimon, do you plan to make a ScummVM shader graphic ? That would be awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds like request! It’s been a while since I had one. :grin:

I have thought about it, and I do plan on it. The question seems to be to be a matter of which computer system to use as a base, since all the games are for computer platforms.

The logical thing, to me, would be to use my IBM graphic and brand it with a ScummVM logo or two. Maybe change the color of the ABS.

@Tromzy How does that sound?

Hi @Duimon I am fairly new to Retroarch scene. But I am already a big fan of @HyperspaceMadness and yours Bezel project.

The one thing I am missing is a generic background for the CRL like speakers to the left and right from the screen… Maybe you can create few backgrounds that mimic speaker grills? Something similar to the following backgrounds

Thx in advance.

2 Likes

@AcidCrash

That sounds like a good idea. I’ll see what I can do.:grin:

3 Likes

@AcidCrash

How’s this for a first try?

(Be gentle. :wink:)

FYI. It is not based on any image, I just made it up. :grin:

5 Likes

Hi @Duimon, This is really nice. Do the grills extend for vertical (arcade) resolution?

1 Like

That will take a separate graphic, set as the vertical background in the shader. It might look better in that situation to have two grills on either side, instead of moving or changing the aspect of these.

I’ll play around a bit. :wink:

I’ll also do a couple based on images of real TVs.

BTW. Remember that these graphics are vector. Roughly 5000 ellipses with gradient strokes is pretty resource intensive. (Any raster effects, like drop shadows, would be crazy.) I don’t know what 10000 will be like. :grin:

OK.

@AcidCrash

This image can be used as both the horizontal and the vertical. The default bezel size will cover the inside speakers. :grin:

This worked so well I am committing to this size of speaker grills in different styles.

If someone requests it, I can also do single speaker panels that disappear outside the screen area. Although I don’t think it will look as good. :upside_down_face:

edit:

Gotta love vector art! :heart_eyes:

I’ll leave the choice to the user.

2 Likes

@Duimon Indeed, dual grills look nicer when compared to the scaled ones. Waiting for the update in the git Repo

Nice work, Duimon! It’s nice to have something classic that goes well pretty much with anything

Are logo-less versions also planned?

The logo is just the Decal layer. It can be turned off in the parameters. :grin:

Since you are happy with them I will commit ASAP. :slightly_smiling_face:

Give me a bit to downgrade my shader version and do a preset.

1 Like

Sorry for late response, I don’t come often here these days… It sounds really good, go ahead !

@Tromzy

No worries my friend.:grin:

Although there were not a lot of games in the Scummvm library that ran on it, I am thinking I’ll use the PC-FX. It looks like it will brand really well.

1 Like

@AcidCrash

Here’s another.

Full disclosure… I made this one up also. :grin:

3 Likes

Here’s another!

This one’s based on a real TV. :upside_down_face:

To make it work, some adjustments are needed to the Frame width and Frame edge shading.

I think three is enough for now. Maybe I’ll add more once I’m done with all the cores.

Thanks @AcidCrash for the idea. :grinning:

I may have some time tomorrow to get the RA Overlay, Hybrid, and presets done. Then I’ll add them to the repo.

5 Likes

@Duimon Happy to help. Small nit-picking I believe that on TV3 (non-vertical) two inside grill rows are misaligned.

1 Like

They are, intentionally. :wink: This is the way Toshiba designed the TV.

1 Like