Filtering games with 2D and 3D elements

Yup, it’s working now

I noticed some weird “glitches” with the font in FF9, see screenshot. I used “super-4xbr-3d-6p-smoother.cgp” preset. It also happened with “super-4xbr-3d-4p.cgp”

My GPU is a GTX 680.

I even have the same problem with pralinen with 750 ti in opengl. Only the super-xbr 3d ones are the problem that doesn’t load. The rest of your 3d shaders are fine, as 1x size. They look awesome, and it kinda effects on non integer textures to an extent, on psx games that runs on 512x240.

[QUOTE=pralinen;34318]Yup, it’s working now

I noticed some weird “glitches” with the font in FF9, see screenshot. I used “super-4xbr-3d-6p-smoother.cgp” preset. It also happened with “super-4xbr-3d-4p.cgp”

My GPU is a GTX 680.[/QUOTE]

I’d need to investigate it. For now, use the super-2xbr-3d instead.

The 4xbr ones were a bit tricky to implement. Maybe I have introduced some bug. I’ll need some time to figure out why it happens.

This is weird that the super-xbr 2x 3d doesn’t work and give same errors with updated shaders, latest nightly builds, or drivers for gtx 750 ti, but it works on geforce gt 430 with slightly outdated drivers. The gpu can load the shaders fine. I don’t know if it depends on the RA version, but I might’ve used the stable 1.3 or builds from few weeks ago on htpc. Both cards are using opengl.

Different drivers can indeed have an effect. Programming for GPUs is a constant hassle like that.

New preset combining 2x internal res with bilateral shader. It works great with psx games with 2D backgrounds and 3D models. fast-bilateral-super-2xbr-3d-3o.cgp is on repo. Screens using 2x internal res on beetle core:

2 Likes

That looks great! The 2D and 3D elements look like they belong together for a change :slight_smile:

Yeah! The difference of this new preset from the first ones in this thread is that now the bilateral is used to clean up jpg artifacts. Most psx games have dirty backgrounds. BTW, the preset is in denoisers folder.

2 Likes

Any chance to make Hyllian’s xBR 3D work on Dolphin?

Does it not work right now?

I’ve tried it with Resident Evil 3 on Native, 2x, 3x, 4x, with FTF on and off, nothing. Also, texture boundaries of Force Texture Filtering still need to be fixed. I guess fixing FTF first would at least make the game playable, excluding audio stutter problem.