Flycast 60fps games Run at 30fps (FIXED)

Disable both Threaded and Synchronous Rendering, enable Fullspeed framerate, set Broadcast to NTSC (might not matter depending on the region of the game you’re playing), and set the cable type to Composite (you might be able to use RGB as well, but stay away from VGA). I did a lot of testing with the microstuttering issues, and these were the settings that got rid of them for me.

Threaded rendering has always caused stuttering at least for me, since it seems to make the framerate setting invalid (possibly by setting it to “normal” instead?). I still get performance dips sometimes with certain transparency effects and when flycast streams/loads files from the disc image. But this kind of performance issue is completely unrelated to the microstuttering issue I’m talking about. My hardware is relatively old at this point, still sporting an overclocked 2500k and a 680 gtx. :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course, if you have a gsync/freesync monitor that will help a ton too. Just make sure gsync/freesync is actually active. If you have NVidia CP, open it up and go to Display>GSYNC indicator. Next time you load up Retroarch, you should see an indicator on the top right for Vulkan that says “GSYNC” if it’s active. Note, I have seen Retroarch lose Gsync with Vulkan sometimes after quitting games and going back to the main menu. When in doubt, close Retroarch and reopen it again.

I highly recommend making those setting changes I mentioned above, and you should be fine.

I’m fine as I have it, I only use it to test and extract textures, that’s why I usually use PAL. The “Threaded Rendering” I only use it to test, my GPU is obsolete. If you read the previous messages you will understand. :wink:

That’s a misunderstanding, demul is not GPL, read their headers carefully : https://github.com/p1pkin/demul/blob/034a6cd09df1c4fa90ec03474fad839b681e856f/Aica.c#L1-L14

They are basically making a joke about GPL there by saying it is not redistributable neither modifyable under the GPL license.

Demul being closed source is perfectly legal, please respect their choice.

Demul is private now, he was born and was always free software. Even before, they released the source code.

Demul being closed source is perfectly legal, please respect their choice.

They make fun of GNU and you ask for respect? :roll_eyes: It is they who have to respect.

Note: you cannot change a GNU license to a private one, it is also illegal.

You can change from any license to any other license, you just need to have authorization from all authors, which they do. And again, as i said, demul never was GPL in the first place. You are throwing a tantrum for nothing here, demul being closed sources is 100% legal. Don’t start flaming projects because you don’t understand how licensing works, thanks.

(Wow I thought that the talks with Stallman at all the free software congresses had helped me.)

Discussing is a waste of time if you can use google to answer questions. Inform yourself well.

@alexb3d Exactly, google is your friend :

As a fbneo & flycast dev i know very well how relicensing work after this shitty year. If you want to flame demul over non-existing issues, do it somewhere else, we don’t need people saying that kind of bullshit on this forum, i won’t tolerate this, that was my last warning, next time i’ll just delete your posts.

First of all. Don’t tell me dumb. I am treating you with respect. I demand respect.

He tells you the same. " so we uploaded old code from sourceforge (btw, which had zero interest during all the years it was there) into GC repository, " They shared the code in GPL 2(?).

http://web.archive.org/web/20130726130912/http://code.google.com/p/demul/source/checkout

You are clearly confusing “Free Software” with “Open Source Software” You can change the open source software and you can include proprietary software. Free software NO. GLP is Free Software. The same page you gave me explains.

I have not disrespected you nor have I violated the rules of the forum. If you delete me even a letter, I denounce you with the administrators. You can be a child of God, belsebú, or trump … You can get your threats in the ass.

1. The only thing that matters in licensing is the code, the headers of demul are not GPL, they never were, there is not a single thing saying it’s GPL in the code of this repository. So what ? Google says it’s GPL ? Did google write this code ?
  2. Any license can be revoked as long as all authors agreed, including from GPL to closed-source, but again, it doesn’t matter in this case because demul was never GPL

Talking about respect when you are flaming a project for being illegal while it’s totally legal ? Seriously ?

Alright, this discussion seems to have run its course. Locking the thread.